2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Overview

I posted the previous 2 posts on Adrenal Exhaustion and Underactive Thyroid, because that is what I am dealing with in my preparation for competition in 2006. I have been to an endocrinologist and am now on medication for both. I knew my symptoms (that I have had for YEARS, but now getting more and more frequent) were not normal. I refused to let them become 'normal' and have researched and studied up quite a bit. It has all taken so long, I've been having tests and visiting doctors since early this year.

I know there are certain people out there who don't think I have what it takes and that perhaps these health issues are all in my head!! However, those who do know me, will know that I will not be beaten - by illness or any naysayers :) It will definitely be an interesting journey.

This is the outline of my plan. I have decided to go this alone - well, with the help of a bodybuilding course that I will explain more about at a later date.

Just had this delivered to my inbox - how true:

"You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning."

Overview of program:

Training: 5 day program - 2 days on, 1 off
Cardio: 4 x week - 2 walk/jog (starting at 45 mins, jog/run 1 min/walk 2 mins) and 2 x 45 minute walk)

Supplements:
Vital Greens
Durathon x 2
Adrenal drops 30 drops and 9 drops per day total (30mg & 9mg)
Support Adrenals x 2
Hepol x 4
Support Liver x 6
Antioxidant x 4
3 Lac (Probiotic formula) x 1
Glutamine 5g
Extra Vit C 1g
Soon to be Tertroxine (T3 supplement)

That should be enough for the moment!

Nutrition:
Rotation Diet: 3 days on, 1 day off

Meal 1:
1 egg, 2 egg whites, spinach, 100g berries or 250g strawberries

Meal 2:
100g sweet potato or small salad

150g chicken, turkey, fish, or 1 cup cottage cheese
1tsp flax oil


Meal 3:
150g tuna
lettuce plus cucumber or capsicum or 3tbsp fresh salsa
1tsp flax oil


Pre Training Snack:
100g mixed berries or 250g strawberries


Meal 4:
150g chicken, turkey or fish
Unlimited steamed fibrous vegetables
1tsp flax oil

2 x coffees per day (1 decaf) with 1tsp cream in each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home