2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Deadlifting day

Firstly, thanks to everyone who left well wishes regarding Damien's grandma...

I looooooooove deadlift day. Maybe I won't feel that way tomorrow or the next day when DOMS sets in, in my lower back, hammies and traps. Talking about power deadlifts here of course, not the stiff legged kind. I am proud to say that I beat my previous best for 2 reps, and this is only my 2nd deadlift session in well over 2 years. Lifted 176lb for 2, along with 2 sets of 5 at 154lb. I think I should make a goal to lift 200lb for 2. But I don't think I will get that while dieting. Followed that with machine rows, heavy, and lat pulls, then hypers. Then bis. I also did a good intense 30 mins cardio in the morning, step machine and running on max incline for intervals. Hard work! My joints and things have been feeling it a bit, and my hamstring/groin niggle has returned. My foot arches have been sore since I did some hard sprints on Tuesday, but I think that is just because it was the first time I have sprinted in a while. I recover just in time to get all sore again. Tomorrow is a 1 hour walk in the morning, and a Body Attack class in the afternoon. I hope I'm not too sore by then. I have my first session with Adam on Tuesday, leg day, looking forward to that - I think :)

I have had a really good week, and feeling great - energy levels are good, my carbs are higher, and need to be with the cardio I am doing. My protein is lower than I am used to - it's really interesting using my Diet Club software - it's a great tool to use to design menus, and gather all the nutritional data you need to track your carbs/protein/fat and calories.

I am now enjoying my dessert - diet yoghurt with frozen raspberries and some toffeed balsamic syrup with vanilla :) Just a teaspoon and all in my counts. The hardest thing is keeping my protein down on higher carb days.

I got really sore in chest and tris from Wednesday's workout. I was supposed to do cardio only on Wed, but I was too sore from the day before's leg workout to use any lower body parts! So, I rearranged my schedule and did chest/tris. There is a great overhead triceps press machine at the gym that really isolates the muscles.

I have started writing an article about Diet Deprivation. I have been asked to submit a couple of articles to Best Body magazine (US mag), so will work on this over the next week. I get inspired in little spurts - I had one before so wrote a few paragraphs. Now I have to wait for the next one :)

I ordered my new suit from Jo Rogers yesterday - took me awhile to decide on the colour, but eventually I figured it out. So, I have two new ones coming, plus the other one I haven't worn yet, and this will do me for suits this season! And probably next :)

I made the Snapshots of Ironman mag this month which was pretty cool. Backstage side chest pose - will attach and see if Blogger will do what it's told tonight. No, it's not playing fair :(

I finally caught up with Jodie the other night, and saw her again today. Our schedules don't really match anymore for training, but I hope to get back to training together after my comps.

I haven't heard from Di for awhile, I wonder how she is going with the wedding getting so close. Did I mention I can't wait to go to Noosa for TEN whole days very soon :) I will be running on the sand for my cardio, and hope to train with Di, and Jodie, while we are there. Though I think Di may have too many other things on her agenda! The wedding will be fun, there will be a few bodybuilding ladies there so will have lots to chat about :)

Ok, well that's it for another installment...catch ya later!

5 Comments:

  • LOL - I just sent you an email VERY similar.......very similar!!!!

    Nice job on the Ironman Mag!!!!

    I'll check itout Stateside!

    I hoep Jodie is well! I miss her!

    Talk soon!

    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 1:56 am  

  • Hey Sue,

    Great job on the deadlifts!!! - awesome.

    Hope all the nigglie joint pains go away soon :-)

    sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 11:11 am  

  • Gidday Sue,

    Great post. Congratulations on the Mag! Can't wait to see you on the Coast. Di's been working hard as ever. Keeping a watchful eye on my progess (diet and posing). She's been fab. Keep up the great work!

    Maraina

    By Blogger Maraina, at 1:41 pm  

  • Gidday Sue,

    Great post. Congratulations on the Mag! Can't wait to see you on the Coast. Di's been working hard as ever. Keeping a watchful eye on my progess (diet and posing). She's been fab. Keep up the great work!

    Maraina

    By Blogger Maraina, at 1:41 pm  

  • Michelle - not US Ironman, don't think you will find Aussie one over there :) Jodie is doing good :)

    Sammy - the niggles are getting worse!! I feel like a cripple!

    Hi Maraina - yeah Di is a good motivator, I look forward to meeting you soon!

    JL - will email you.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home