2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Been awhile!

Checking in with a quick update. As usual, life is hectic! All good though of course. I wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise.

I am feeling great, almost back to week prior to contest condition. Loving my new diet - because I get to make my own menus :) So every night before bed, I sit down and work out what I will have tomorrow, according to my required protein/carb/fat breakdown. It's great to have oats and cottage cheese for brekky, and my Myoplex after training. Cardio is at 6 x week, 30-45 mins. All good, and I am enjoying it :) WHAT??? Yep, you heard right. I am incorporating some running - intervals, not long distance - into my cardio and I am lovin' it. It makes such a difference when you actually enjoy it!

Our gym was closed on the weekend, as I mentioned - and opened again at a new location yesterday. Let's just say I am still undecided - good and bad. I don't like for a second that there are no barbells to be seen (a gym without barbells????), and there is only one squat rack, one bench press and one smith machine. The free weights area is way too small. Some of the machines are good though, and there is a better selection of db's now. Not for the big guys though, the biggest db's are 40kg - not heavy enough for many. Will be interesting, I do hope they make a few changes - bigger free weights area and barbells!! The treadies are awesome. So, at present I am just trying to figure out what machines I need to use to get a decent workout! You need a licence to drive some of those things. I am old school when it comes to training. Give me come db's, a bar and a bench over those fandangled space age bits of machinery any day!

Today was first leg session of new progie. I loved it - lots of big sets of leg press, then extensions, plus a triple drop (I could barely walk by this point), stiff leg DL's with DB's (weird), and then DB Calf Raises. Oh yeah, bring on the DOM's baby!

Another reason I have been slack on the blogging, is that our house is soooooooo close to being finished! The carpet is part way down, electricity is on, taps and dishwasher, toilets, fans etc are all in. Soon we will be full on moving! Goodness knows when I can fit that into my schedule! We have a 10 day break in Noosa coming up soon - and I cannot WAIT for that!! Noosa is my fave place to holiday. Well, I wouldn't mind living there actually - in the winter. They can have their stinking hot sweaty humid summers :) I'd have to get my hair cut off if I lived there in summer, and I can't be having that.

We have to pick out some lights, go see fence people, and blind people, and get a clothesline. I want to do it all in the next couple of weeks.

Damien officially doesn't have a cafe anymore. All sold up, so no more daily coffeeing in town. Now, if we can just sell this damn house.... :)

2 Comments:

  • We have moved back into our house. The blinds went up yesterday though we had a glitch with the ones for our bedroom. New lounge suite arrived today. Everything is almost done now and its great. I love it!

    I agree with you when it comes to some of those cardio machines at the gym - there are so many flashing buttons on someof them that I don't know which one to press!

    By Blogger CJ, at 2:36 pm  

  • JL - not quite, but it's under contract so fingers crossed! Not sure when coming to Adelaide next, but will be sure to let you know when we do!

    CJ - yeah and that's just the cardio machines, what about the actual weight training ones :)

    Holly - 6 times a weeks is 'easy peasy' as far as competitors go - in theory. It can get a bit more hectic than that. I use Durathon, and I have a good immune system supplementation regime, but apart from that, I try to get enough sleep/rest, and eat well to fuel my workouts :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home