2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Getting sore!































Everything is in motion once again for comp prep. Had my week off, and the body is finally settling back in. The scale made a huge jump in a week - scary, but understandable, considering all the added carbs, sodium etc after depleting. I didn't think I really went too crazy, I don't even think I had any chocolate - can you believe it? The only chocolate I had was on the way to the restaurant after the show - Kimmy and I shared some Choc coated coffee beans that Di very kindly bought me. I had a lot of bread though :)

I've had two very low carb days on this new plan, and got through them fine. I'm only just getting my training and cardio back into full gear - today I did a short intense session on the elliptical/tready combo. Then this arvo I did a back/triceps workout. My new program has power deadlifts - I loooooooove doing these. Have not done them in a while and even though I took it pretty easy, I can already feel my low back starting to protest. But, I have a massage booked for 3pm tomorrow :)

Just finished my Myoplex Carb Sense, final meal of the day. Vanilla Butter Caramel :) It was great, Michelle, I may have a new substitute for the Cappuccino when I finish my stash - lets see, that would be about the year 2009!! Not the way I am going through them. Anyway, I'd just put milk with it if I wanted carbs...

Tomorrow is high carb day. Yippee!

I've decided to hire my friend Adam to train me on leg days. I want to be 'whipped' on leg days, and I know hiring a trainer to push me will help my condition. We will probably incorporate some plyometrics and sprint training too. Can't wait, been too long since I have had someone really push me.

Our gym has closed, and will reopen at a new location as Beach House Fitness on Monday. I don't know what equipment they will have so it will be interesting come Monday. I hope they have a decent 45 degree leg press, jeez I have missed that, and they better have a squat rack in the ladies gym! I also am hoping they may have an assisted pull up machine/dip machine. Tomorrow I will have to train at their other gym which I'm not very familiar with. Tomorrow is chest and bis. Also cardio again tomorrow.

I posted a couple more pics, but they are a bit fuzzy. In the back shot, you can see my heuwge arms, really happy with arm and shoulder development. IOur house is going to be ready in 3 weeks!!! How exciting. They have cleaned up the block and put red loam all round, so it looks lovely and tidy now!

Not too long before we head to QLD for Di's big day! I can't wait, it's going to be awesome. Imagine getting married on the beach, at 7.30am! I just hope Di has oats and egg whites for the wedding breakfast :)

7 Comments:

  • congrats I think you are awesome. What you have achieved is amazing, this life style is so not for the faint hearted. Keep stong :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 pm  

  • 6.25 weeks and counting : ) If you are that dedicated I can arrange a special breakfast order for you! But I'll be eating big fluffy pancakes smothered in butter and maple syrup : ))) He He!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:02 am  

  • Amazing photos Sue & go you for getting back into competition mode again so soon!

    By Blogger Cat, at 1:04 pm  

  • My new gym is a Beach House Fitness! They are supposed to be pretty good. I am just waiting very impatiently for mine to open. Opening has been delayed from April to October!

    By Blogger Chontelle, at 5:44 pm  

  • great piccies Sue, and it sounds like you are back into full swing PLUS hav the new house too look forward to - 3 weeks will fly buy!
    See you soon :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:22 pm  

  • Thanks anonymous!

    Di, I could bring my own? I'm used to that... :)

    Rach, looking forward to catching up and hearing all about the pregnancy thing :)

    Thanks Cate :)

    Chontelle, wow, 6 months is a long time to wait for your gym to open! I can't wait to pop in on Monday and see what 'delights' await in the gym :))

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 10:01 pm  

  • they are GREAT shots of you1 especailly the top one

    Have an awesome weekend

    Ali xx

    By Blogger Ali, at 3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home