2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bye Bye 2005!

Another year almost down. Where does the time go?

We had another awesome leg session this morning. Today is about 44 degrees, so we chose to train at 9am as soon as the gym opened. Good move I think :) Increased on every exercise (except standing calves) in some way or another. Even added a little weight to the hackies - I won't admit to how much (or how little I should say)! I didn't get too sore last week so I don't expect to be a cripple this week either, which is good news.

Jode, I think I have lost some hearing in my right ear - remember the one that was right near the weight stack when the loose plate dropped doing cable curls?????? :) I'm serious, it did actually hurt, and now I feel half deaf!

Got my hair coloured again yesterday, gone a little darker this time, but not too dark - I'm still a blonde - I think.

So, 2005, what a year! No roll calls here either, couldn't possibly list all the people I'm thankful to have in my life. Yep, they know who they are. I do however, want to collectively thank all my wonderful clients - if only I had enough hours in the day to scan blogs and write personal notes and emails to you all, I would :) Thank you for making 2005 a very memorable year for me - I count my lucky stars every day, to be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to help hundreds of women (and a few men!) learn to believe in themselves, and that with effort, consistency and patience, that can achieve things they only dreamed of.

I have had many ups and downs in my life, as we ALL have, however, I don't like to dwell on the down things. I had my father pass away of cancer when he was 50 - to see him go through the pain of that and to see him so frail and weak, on his death-bed, is a vision I will never forget. To see what mum went through, living at the hospital for weeks, and watching him die. I don't like to talk about it, I don't want pity or sympathy from others - I deal with it in my own quiet and personal way. I'm a do-er not a talker! There's not a lot of drama, 'razzamataz' and fanfare here.
I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be. If I'm happy you'll know about it, if I'm p*ssed off you'll know about it, and if I'm sad or disappointed you'll know that too. Yep, I'm real - and I'm happy to say, so are my friends.

I got married (again) this year, to a wonderful man/bloke :) Yes, there's definitely a lot of bloke in him. We are building a house, and it will be soooooo good to get out of my tiny, but lovely, little unit and have some room to move! I have been here for about 10 years, so it will be like the end of an era when we sell this house.

I battled ill health for many months, and came to the unfortunate conclusion I may not be able to compete again if I did not find a way to get better. I did a lot of research, spent a lot of money, and time, on finding a way to get through. I did, because I am determined. I'm thankful that it now seems I am on the fast track to recovery.

I worked hard with my website and business, and had an unbelievably successful year, and I have huge plans for the future of IBO. At this point I MUST thank my wonderful new staff Sharleen, and Lisa (whos personal blogs will 'grace' my home page very soon!) and Personal Success Mentors (Jodie, Rae, Michelle, Karen and Hilary) for the fantastic job they have done with my clients throughout the year.

There were lots of big and little achievements over the course of the year - too many to mention. A year where I met many new and wonderful people along with a number of my clients in person.

It's been a great year, and one I won't forget. So, on that note - to all my family, friends, aquaintences and clients (these also fit into the friends category!) have an AMAZING new year - I hope it's a little cooler where you are!

5 Comments:

  • Hi Sue
    Just to say 'Thanks' for the mention!! To you and all your (our) clients, I am very excited to be involved with IBO and look forward to working with you further in 2006!!
    Sharleen

    By Blogger Shar, at 6:25 pm  

  • What are we going to do with you? Nearly blinded by a champagne cork and now deafened by a weight stack. No seriously I hope you are OK. Thank you for the mention. It has been wonderful having you as my friend, I must say one of my highlights for the year was being apart of your beautiful wedding day, thank you! Anyway, here's to a fantastic 2006! May all your dreams come true.
    Jodie
    xx

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:16 pm  

  • Happy New Year Sue - hope 2006 is even more successful than this year :) Thanks for all your help.

    Beki x

    By Blogger Sekhmet, at 8:03 pm  

  • Thanks Shar, Jodie, Beki and Shelly :) Much appreciated. Hope you all had a wonderful New Year - make 2006 the year for being THE BEST YOU CAN BE!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 4:16 pm  

  • hey Sue, i hope your ear starts feeling better...man you've had a few bad months. when i have such a bad run of luck i always find myself pondering and asking why me... sometimes just too much bad luck huh?!

    Does INBA stand for international body building? Man - i guess it pays to be honest but what a killer thought - to think that after so much blood sweat and tears and all the sacrafices (i know how many i made and wasn't even getting close to competing)it would really make you boil to read that... i guess it would make you pull your sock up~! Maybe i should get in now on the comp training - surely you'd stand a better chance if the comps not so flash... lol just kidding will be miles off that!

    thanks for an awesome 2005 sue - you've taught me so much!

    By Blogger Kaddy, at 8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home