2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, December 23, 2005

How exciting!


Our slab is down, woohoo!! We went and had a peek as they were working on it yesterday morning. Was like a huge construction site! Attached photo. Damien had to go water it today as it had already started to dry out - no wonder, it's forecast for 42 degrees today and it felt like that at 10am! Sitting here with sweat running down my back. Noice..

Also received my new notebook computer yesterday, that was very quick. Got a Dell brand, recommended by the IT dept at council. Looks pretty sleek, but will have to wait until we get our new printer/fax/scanner before we get them all hooked up together.

Jodie and I trained early today - excellent idea as it will be way too hot this arvo. Leg day! I told Damien it was leg day today and his response was "so, more complaining then - that's what leg day means to me!" I'm always telling him how sore I am and asking for massages :) Took some video footage of my squat technique to send through to Richie. We managed to increase our smith lunges and free squats markedly this week, as well as increases on leg press, and both curls, and calves.

After having my beloved Myo lite I went to visit my chiro. He really gave me an overhaul! He worked on my hammies as they are really tight - I have had an ongoing problem with my right hammie/adductor - chiro thinks more hamstring. So he 'broke them up' in his words, said they were very ropey. It hurt! But they feel much more loose now. I told him how I don't feel I have a lot of strength in my hammies, and he explained in detail how and why I need to stretch them and why my strength may be compromised - if a muscle is consistently in a contracted state (in a state of 'tone') then I would not be able to work in the full range of motion - hence a decrease in strength. I have to have Damien PNF stretch them for me every night before bed. I am definitely going to do this as I do really believe this has been a reason for my lack of hamstring strength and development.

Anyway, today I am spending doing odds and ends here on the computer, and will go and wrap the remaining prezzies soon. Jodie gave me a lovely handbag this morning, in one of my favourite colours, green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home