2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Boxing Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! I did! Spent 2 days home with Damien's and my parents, in Murrayville. He has such a lovely family. We left Christmas Eve, around 4pm, had a bit of a snooze when we arrived, and then got ready to go to the pub - for the Christmas reunion of all the locals. Couldn't find any food so we had to go back home to get some chicken - was either that or a tough steak in the park :) Had a couple of wines, and I called it a night. Damien stayed on for awhile chatting with his mates.

Christmas day lunch was spent with my mum and Wes, and Damien's mum and dad and the both of us. We had a beautiful hot lunch, pork with crackling, ham, turkey and roast veggies. A couple of champagnes too (was careful what I did with the cork this time!). Had a big sleep in the arvo, then had Damien's brother and sister and their families around, as well as his grandma, who is 92 and doing extremely well! We opened prezzies (I got an MP3 player, excellent! and a huge George Foreman roaster, along with a voucher from House, some towels, chocolates - don't need those, a big plate and vase for our new house, and other odds and ends), ate some more, and watched a few Seinfeld episodes. We showed our wedding album around, as we have just received it back. Really pleased with it! I ate pretty well, the only 'bad' things were a couple of florentine biscuits from my big hamper, and 3 chocolates after dinner - and a few handfuls of nuts and dried fruit. Certainly didn't stuff myself full like usual! Did not do any exercise over the 2 days, but that's not a problem. Got back today and went for a long walk with Jodie tonight. Watched a bit of the Boxing Day Test this afternoon as well as had another huge sleep!
Not hungry today, ate very cleanly and probably not enough. Training tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Got some great feedback from Richie re my squat technique. As I have had some problems with my squat form in the past, I was really quite happy with this! This is what he said: Looking at your squat form in both videos (my compliments to the cinematographer (thanks Jode!), by the way) you look excellent! You are going nice and deep and the weight is heavy: keep up this great work because the squats are the foundation of your quad size and overall leg conditioning.

He also said "It is a shame that I cannot train you in person because you are so dilligent and I am already proud of you. I am eagerly anticipating your reaction to how well you will look for your next show."

That was nice to hear. Gives me great motivation to continue my hard work.

I'm considering taking on a client to prepare for a comp - this will be a first for me so am looking forward to this as it's something I have always wanted to do.

I have the internet and MS Office up and running on my laptop now. I had 1500 emails come through :( Lots to sort out. Better go and have some more food and sit down for a relax.


Give of yourself

The best gift you can give is to give of yourself. Your time, your attention, your love and caring are far more valuable than anything that could be wrapped up in a brightly colored box.

When you give of yourself you discover how very effective you can be. When you give of yourself someone else receives great benefit, and so do you.

Give a little kindness, or patience, or understanding or love. Give encouragement, and attention, and assistance, and time.

You always have what it takes to give of yourself. For in every situation, there is something valuable and positive that you can offer.

Sure, you could spend your moments feeling sorry for yourself or wishing you were somewhere else. Or, you could choose to give of yourself and create a beautiful experience out of wherever you may find yourself.

When you make the world a better place for others, you have the good fortune of living in that world too. Give of yourself, for it is the most sincere, meaningful and valuable gift you can give.

-- Ralph Marston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home