2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Legs are pickled

Trip to US (here at Arizona), mid comp prep, 2002

My legs are pickled - or they will be in a couple of days. I am sure I will be nice and sore this time. I am due a massage this week, so that will be excellent. Just remembered I forgot to do my scapula stabilization exercises today at the gym. Chiro says my traps were not nearly as jammed up and tight this time around so they must be helping. I will go and do them when I finish posting.

I managed to increase my weights on calf press, seated curl and also for one set of smith lunges. Am alternating between front squats and normal close stance squats in smith machine now, as I wasn't feeling as though I was getting a great quad workout from the front squats as I still find it relatively uncomfortable. My lower back seems to feel it more than it should, but Richie has checked my form and it's all good.

After my protein shake, headed out for a quiet drink with friends last night - I had my maximum of one glass! That's all I wanted anyway. Then home and had some chicken for dinner. My weight has increased some more! Which is good, I have already surpassed my goal of finishing this muslce gain phase at 124/125 and within the body fat range I allowed. Big tick for me :) I was showing Jodie my little quad muscle 'popping' out today - I think she thought I was a bit mad :) It's not very big, but at least it's there now!!!

On the forum there's a thread asking who talks to themselves during workouts/cardio and what we say. It's quite a funny thread actually. I told Hilary she was looney (kidding of course...), but I think I am in the same category, in fact sounds like we all are! Today after I finished my smith lunges, huffing and puffing and heart rate going through the roof, I looked down and yelled out to my legs "GROW legs!!!" Yep, I guess I'm looney too :)

On that note, it's time for a nanna nap. :)

3 Comments:

  • That's too funny - lol :) On my last run I was chanting "C'mon legs, you can do it" right at the end when I thought I wouldn't be able to go any further - it seemed to work though ;)

    Glad to hear your training is going so well :)

    Beki x

    By Blogger Sekhmet, at 6:23 pm  

  • Speaking of looney here is Kouta's blog entry, ha ha, we are nuts!:


    Woke up and meowed at Mum to get up and put some dry food in bowl, ate then went had a sleep on my bean bag.... Then moved to have a look out the window at the magpies in the garden - if only I could hunt them. Damn my owners, and damn this bell around my neck.

    Then had a lie down on the bed for a while, a little cat nap. Waited for Mum to get home from gym so she can feed cause Dad just ignores me. Whinged my arse off until she fed me, god I love that Fancy Feast that she has been buying. It is good stuff. Ok then I had to have a sleep because I was so full. hmmmm wonder what tomorrow will bring? Kouta Arnold

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:37 pm  

  • Yeah I do that one all the time too Beki, the "come on legs!". Good to hear from you, hope all is well!

    Jode - he he, the day in the life of a cat huh, with their Fancy Feasts, and Fussy Cats :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home