2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, April 09, 2006

In Adelaide

Just came home to have a bite to eat before the reception – chicken and veg. It’s been pretty hectic so far. I’m having a lovely birthday – Damien bought me a Jag wallet, which I was desperately in need of, no matter how much I pretended I wasn’t :) Quite ironic really, as I left my wallet at home, in my gym bag!! I didn’t realize until I came to pay Kim for a posing lesson! Whoops. Speaking of, that went well, all my poses were pretty much spot on, we tweaked the chest pose a bit, and also worked on my relaxed stance pose which I am now really happy with. One tip in particular she gave has REALLY helped. I even practically learnt my whole routine! I felt like such an unco! Kim had it worked out, and so I mimicked her with the moves. Was quite funny at times :) I am so not a natural – can’t pick it up in one go. By the end of the hour though I was doing pretty good. I got most of it on camera video – before it went flat :( Kim is going to video it for me onto dvd so that will be great. There is still about 15 seconds left for her to put together, and then she will mail it to me. She also told me about a Musclemania show she is organizing later in the year, and is going to send me some info in case I am interested. Think it may clash with INBA states/Nationals, but will see. Kim commented on my back from the front on symmetry pose – she asked if I’d been working on it. I’ve always had a decent back, but when I spread my lats I have a good V shape, even from the front view. She had a look at my diet also. I will probably come back and see her in 4 or 5 weeks, and go through everything again. She is just awesome.

I also got news from Jo Rogers, that my bikini is ready!! She said it’s gorgeous, that even her partner commented on it (which apparently doesn’t happen very often). So, I can’t wait to see it. Then it will be onto bikini number 2! There are a few different ideas I have had, so I may end up getting 3. Jo and I talked about one that she has been wanting to do for awhile, it sounds beautiful – that is my next one. Then there is another I am going to see if she can do – I have a bracelet with lots of beading, crystals, sequins and pearls on it – I want her to copy it onto a bikini! I’ve taken photos and will send her when I get home to see if she can do it. The colour is gorgeous so I hope she can replicate it.

I went walking/jogging around the streets of Adelaide this morning. Then on the way back I did a little shopping. Gawd I neeeeeeed to go shopping properly. I need a few days! I hate shopping in a hurry. But, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do – if I have only 30 minutes, I will do my best :) I got some adidas tracky daks at HS, size 8, little bit tight but give me 3 or 4 weeks. Then, I found a hairpiece in exactly the right colour!!! It’s very long, and rather boofy, so I am hoping my whiz of a hairdresser can do something with it. Also bought some accessories to wear with my dress to the wedding, all bargains at half price! So, I did very well in a short space of time.

Got the call, so off to the wedding. Chicken and veg for dinner. PB for when I get home.

Just found out that Di won her class at the All Girl QLD show, well done Di!!!! xx

1 Comments:

  • Hi Erica! Yes I may post a pic of the bikini, not with me in it though :) Visualisation definitely helps, as does believing in yourself that you can do it! You sound like you are doing great, thanks for dropping by!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home