2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, June 30, 2006

A bit of a break...

Our kitchen!

I’m sitting in a café doing a little bit of work, and having my 2nd short black of the day. I am very hungry! Due for a meal soon, and have my egg whites and beans sitting in the car. I eat at least half of my meals cold these days – don’t even notice anymore. I have discovered that I love green beans when I thought I hated them :) This is good news.

So, the countdown is on! 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I must say I’ve had a little bit of a rollercoaster ride the last few days. The question has been asked – why oh why do we do this to ourselves??? But, as always, another day, reveals a more positive me :) Today I feel great. I am getting very hungry but I can handle it. I CAN. I CAN. :) I had a ripper additional leg/cardio session today – I love this workout – it keeps me interested. Something that a treadmill workout does not do!! It’s all mental at this stage of the game. I have spoken to Di a couple of times in the past week which has been nice. If I didn’t know how things can pan out, and change quickly, I would have definitely given up by now. Oh yes, it has been tough. The 2nd to last week (ie this week coming) is very busy training-wise – 3 hours of every day (3 separate sessions) will be taken up with cardio, training and posing. I have tomorrow off which will be awesome, because I have a house inspection tomorrow. Tonight I am training back and shoulders, and abs.

I’m really looking forward to the last week and the depletion, and then carb up.

I am pretty much caught up with work which is GREAT. I feel on top of it. So, now I can just do the final finishing touches that need to be done – ie need to look for some jewelry to wear with each of my costumes, need to grab last minute items from supermarket, start to pack my bag, etc. I plan to practice my posing a lot over the next 2 weeks. I did a lot of posing in one of my workouts (between sets) last week and I was sore for DAYS. So, I need to do more to get my body accustomed to it.

I took pics for Richie this morning. Consensus is I have a lot more muscle than last time. This is true. I have had many people comment on this. I still have a bit of fine tuning to go, and I will be happy. I am waiting on my other suit from Jo – she was ‘blinging’ it up a bit for me, so I look forward to seeing that next week. Got my hairpieces in the mail – they are AWESOME, great length, great style and the colours are perfect. So, that is something!!! Michelle, I got my other package in the mail today – you know the one I mean ;) Thanks for the other stuff you threw in, appreciated!! Now am waiting for the REAL package…I think that will be here in time so that is great. THANK YOU for working so hard to get that to me.

Had ‘lunch’ with Jode today – we haven’t caught up for awhile. So that was nice. I just drank coffee and smoked – yes you read right folks – and Jodie just had green tea! Yes, it’s my vice – I am a social smoker, but when I diet, I tend to do it a little more often. Richie thought it was funny, and he divulged his diet ‘vice’ to me also.

I did manage to do a spot of shopping the other day – love shopping when I fit into everything and everything looks good on me (if I do say so myself) :) I was peeved to see the jacket I bought about a month ago for $90, now on special for $30. So, I bought another one, in a different colour :) 2 pairs of pants, size XS – I took the S back, I’d ‘outgrown’ (or is that ‘ingrown’) it. A red dress, a little cropped cardy, 2 casual stretchy cropped cardy’s, a pair of shoes, and a handbag. Just a small spree :) My size 8 Rusty’s are swimming on me at the moment.

Anyway, must go eat, I am starting to feel a bit buzzy from all the black coffee.

5 Comments:

  • Hi Sue, great post! Excellent stuff about more muscle. I can't wait to see comp pics of you, your contest bikini, your hair piece, the lot!! All the best!!

    Maraina
    xx

    By Blogger Maraina, at 4:27 pm  

  • It's always a pleasure to help you out!!!

    I only wish I could be there to cheer you on in person!!!


    XO - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:06 pm  

  • I thought you were joking about the smoking until i read your blog. We need to talk.
    The kitchen looks a lot different to when i last saw it. You have wonderful taste in colours, it's like mine!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you have a hairdresser teed up for the comp?
    Talk soon
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 10:39 pm  

  • Hi Sue, this is my 3rd attempt to leave a comment (grrr hate technology when it doesn't do what it should!!!!) I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your ups and downs through this incredible journey. I love it when I get my daily fix of your latest blog writings. Keep up all the good hard work and keep sharing your journey with us. All the best for the All Females comp. You are going to clean up.
    Magda

    By Blogger Magda, at 9:54 pm  

  • Thank you everyone!! Kerry, yes we have a hairdresser tee'd up - she did mine last year, walking distance from apartment.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home