2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, June 16, 2006

Kimmy

Kimmy, I meant to write something for you. Do not stress about how you are looking and definitely stop comparing yourself to others - remember, this comp is for you, your aim should be to get on stage in the best condition of your life thus far - and you are definitely going to do that and you are going to do yourself proud. Remember everything you have been through, and you have come so far. But, you must forget about comparing yourself to others because someone else will always have better legs, biceps, back - etc - insert your own word there. And that goes for all competitors of course. If you compare, you will always find someone 'better'. So, do it for you - block out everything around you and just do what has to be done, without being 'anxious'. You set yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise...I've seen it before! I know you are going to look amazing on comp day, and you will surprise yourself believe me. And we are going to have so much fun :)

2 Comments:

  • Sue what a great comment!! just what Kimmy needs to hear :)

    have a wonderful weekend

    Ali xxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 6:09 pm  

  • Hi guys

    I only ever try and better myself - no matter what I am doing - but you just need a guide sometimes to know if you are on the right track - I just don't feel like I am ready right now - but I am not and never would compare myself to someone else - I am just wanting me to be better than what I am at the moment so I personally don't make a fool of myself up there on that stage :) Now I have four long weeks to go and I know I can do this - just looking for direction and panacking :)
    Can't wait for all the fun - I am starving tonight - so off to have my chicken and broccoli :)
    Promise I will be good to my mind and have positive conversations with myself from here on in :) It is all so foreign when you have never done it before. A bit like child birth - scary but absolutely the most beautiful thing that could ever happen to you and yes we all go back for more even when we know what is going to happen next time :)
    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home