2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Things are crazy busy!

Thanks so much bloggers and readers for the motivating comments on my pic. It was lovely to read through them all :) I do believe I have 'grown' a bit, thanks to Richie steering me in the right direction in the off season - EATING :) and of course training very hard. With 3 and a bit weeks to go, I hope to see some further changes happening in this short space of time! Every day I get up and can see a little more muscle popping out, or a new vein or something, so that keeps me going :) I love the final few weeks - the 'end' is nigh, and I am focused.

I did it hard tonight for cardio, one foot in front of the other was what I was telling myself. I do a lot of 'talking' to myself when it gets a bit tough. I remember lots of motivational quotes that mean something to me - I think about them as I train or cardio, and just keep going until it's done. I had to lie on the floor when I got home, I was feeling a bit light headed. I felt fine after I ate, and showered. It feels so good to get through these sessions when the body and mind are telling me otherwise. This sport would have to be 80-90% mental, especially in the pre contest phase. Damien ate a pizza in front of me last night, when I was 'starving'. It smelled great and yeah it would be nice to have some but I am not in the least bit tempted. If I gave in that easily, what would be the point of pursuing this sport?

Anyway, this morning's cardio was fantastic, an hour of the best. I really pushed it - by the time 35mins was up I was starting to struggle mentally. So, I cranked up the incline to 15, rested my hands on the bar (not holding just resting!) and closed my eyes. I walked with my eyes closed for the remaining time - if anyone could see me they would have thought I was mad! However, it made me focus, and relax at the same time.

Tomorrow is cardio, and chest, tris and calves in the evening. I send new pics to Richie tomorrow who will then plan out the next phase for me.

Did anyone happen to record Survivor tonight???? I am 'spewing' I forgot to record it!!!!! I would love a copy if someone out there did!!!

I still haven't received my INBA tickets! I haven't forgotten, all those who have paid. Will send them out as soon as I get them.

There is so much happening and I don't have much spare time! I manage to get a few hours of work in each day if I am lucky! Thank goodness I have some great girls working for me!

Oh oh oh...our house! It's going ahead, all so very exciting. Our kitchen is almost done! The silestone benchtops and splashbacks, and cupboards are in! All our doors are on, and our laundry cupboards and 2nd bathroom vanity. The vanity top in our ensuite is the wrong colour!! They put the same silestone as the kitchen! Black! So, lucky we are going there regularly to check things out. It is looking amazing, I just cannot wait to get in there!!!

Hope to check in again soon...

4 Comments:

  • Hey sue,

    Was laughing about the pizza. My Damo regularly eats pizza in front of me and says 'I am training you to be strong' LOL I get him back by telling him how fat it is making him :-)

    I cant believe they stuffed up the bathroom bench tops, these are things we have to look forward too i suppose :-/ hopefully they are not to hard to change for you.

    Doesnt cardio get hard... i struggled teaching Attack last night, i must have looked so slack to the participants.

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 10:44 am  

  • Hi Sue,

    I always read your blog with such interest and I really admire your focus and determination. I pray that when I come to do my first comp (next year) that I have a hefty dose of your will and determination. (I certainly don't have it now :-( )
    You are going to clean up at the AF show.
    All the best
    Magda

    By Blogger Magda, at 7:50 pm  

  • As I was doing my 12 hill repeats yesterday morning, the song "Girls just wanna have fun" came up on the ipod! Now I don't know whether I was having fun but it certainly helped get me up and down that hill!

    We are waiting on our kitchen to be finished - we had problems with the 'island'. It was way out of proportion with the rest of the kitchen. Otherwise the rest of our house is coming along great. They have just painted the feature wall in the entry - its red and looks great!
    Cathy

    By Blogger CJ, at 11:17 am  

  • Keep going Sue.

    don't post the tickets, take them with you.

    I hope I get to use mine, Mum's crook again.
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home