2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A picture...

No not a photo. :) But a picture is what I look like now...not. Sitting out on my porch at dusk, in my dressing gown and fluffy slippers, sucking on my diet ginger beer and puffing on a ciggie. Yes Kerry we can talk, but, you won't take this vice away from me while I am dieting! It's not a good vice to have of course, but that's what a vice is. I'm sure some people out there think I must be 'perfect' but no, I'm afraid I too do some silly things at times. :)

Anyway, so today, I have made it through the tough slog of training 3 x - did it easy i might add. Oops, there goes my buzzer for the salmon....back in a tic!

Ok, so today I was up at 6, and off for cardio after my morning caffiene hit. Then trained chest/tris/calves and abs while Damien went to church. I trained well, still pressing 40lb dbs on my own sets of 8, so my strength has dropped only very slightly. Jode was there training legs so we caught up briefly. I then ate my egg whites in the car out front of the gym, then met Damien at a cafe in town for a short black (while he ate a steak sanga and chips). Last night when he got back from his Melbourne trip he brought home fish and chips while I ate my egg whites. Not fazed by it at all right now. I'm hungry, but in between meals I get by with a black coffee, a smoke or a diet softy. When I am allowed to eat, I don't smoke. It was only the other day or so I decided to light up in front of my mum for the first time ever - she was horrified :) It was quite a funny moment actually.

So, I had 2 sessions out of the way by lunchtime and that felt good! We then went out to a furniture store to check out a lounge suite for the new house. We'd practically decided on one from Harvey Norman, but saw this one in the cafe that looked really nice and I think would look nicer than the other one - so we may have changed our minds. Though Damien thought the seats were a bit 'hard'. Then we went to get groceries - my list is really simple these days - salmon, beans, eggs, sweet potatoes, chicken pretty much sums it up!

Tomorrow is the biggest day of training. Biceps and cardio in the morning. Legs at lunchtime. Cardio in the evening. I'll be fine. Have 13 days to go and I am focussed.

Today I typed up my list of things to take to the comp as well as our tanning and hair/makeup schedules (me and Kimmy). Also started a list of questions for my phone convo with Richie on Thursday, when he will explain in detail my final week preparation. Can't wait!!

I am so looking forward to catching up with Kerry (I hope!!), Margie and Kimmy, Ali, Jodie, Dianna, and meeting Hilary, and Cheryl, for the first time! We are all staying at the same apartment complex in Kew. I know there are others going to the show also.

I even got to answering a few long lost emails today.

Well that's about it for today, I will be eating dinner in a moment - salmon and beans. Then my egg whites for before bed snack and I think I will be having another early night.

Thanks to everyone who stops by and leaves me a message, I really appreciate it! Cate, I checked out your blog too! Great work, keep it up!

4 Comments:

  • Hey Sue,
    just thought I would tell you how great I think it is that you are totally honest about your actions even if they are "silly" (your word) like smoking. I wish that I only did one silly thing or had one vice, I seem to have far too many at the moment and my shape is paying for them! I admire your discipline, I know I couldn't survive on such a strict diet. Good luck with everything and I look forward to seeing and hearing about your comp.
    love
    renexxx

    By Blogger little rene, at 6:27 pm  

  • Thanks Rene, I am pleased you appreciate my honesty :) Some like to give the impression it's a cake walk, but it can be really difficult at times. Not all the time, but at times :) You COULD survive on such a strict diet, if it's only for a short time - that's how I do it :) Knowing it's not for ever certainly helps! Thanks for dropping by Rene!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:31 pm  

  • I'm sitting here eating my tofu, steamed vegies, rice and cottage cheese as I'm reading your blog! You're right, you can do anything if you know its not forever. If everything was easy then everyone would be doing it!

    So you have a vice - I'm sure we could all admit to one or two or more.

    By Blogger CJ, at 12:57 pm  

  • Hi Sue, I think what your doing is fantastic and admire your motivation, dedication and most of all your honesty. Sometimes we think that others must be perfect and strive for the same which is impossible to maintain. Keep up the awesome work, not long to go now and you will reap the rewards!
    Cheers Hilds

    By Blogger Hilds, at 2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home