2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday morning round up

I've been hitting the sack pretty early these days - I'm ready for bed before 8 but I usually hang out until 9 if possible. Up at 6 this morning and will be off for cardio very soon. I had yesterday off, it was HEAVEN!!! I didn't know what to do with myself :) Ha ha. No, I had an open inspection so spent the morning tidying up and then shipping Rexy off to mum's. That was all over by lunchtime, so then went into town with my laptop and did a little bit of work at the cafe, but it was a bit windy and cool sitting outside. I had a few jobs to do, like, buy some jewellery for my comp outfits. So, on the trek to the shop I was heading for, I found a sale at Cue :) Whoops! I bought a dress for Di's wedding! It's awesome, in my opinion! It's a red/pink colour, halter neck, low cut, and backless. It has some frilly bits at the front but is otherwise straight. The frilly bits are lined with cream fabric. I have some bronze/wood heels that goes really well and I bought a great necklace that goes really well with it. I also bought a great handbag, I am the handbag queen these days - this one is great for casual wear. It was half price as were the 2 bits of jewellery, but the dress certainly wasn't!!! So, then I went and bought some jewellery for my suits, just some crystal earrings and a choker necklace with crystal drops.

How am I travelling? Well, as always it happens way too slow for me. I have to deal with the 'will I/won't I" make it feelings every day. It happens every single time, but I know most other competitors go through this too. One day you feel confident, the next you can be certain you won't make it. I kid you not, these feelings change every day. But, I have everyone around me telling me I have made a lot of improvements, I had someone watch me pose yesterday, who has seen me from prior to my first comp, right through the years to now and his comments were that I have definitely muscled up from my last comp, I am much thicker - a lot more 'meat on my bones'! I know from previous years that I go through these same feelings, and I just have to hang in there and things will work out.

I went through my quarter turns and mandatory's for about 45 mins, and then spent some time on my routine. That is all going well. I am very sore in the lower back today already, from posing! I still have a massive bruise on my right quad thanks to the BB Rows. Surely it will be gone soon! Last tanning sessions early this week. Very busy training week, so I must get going!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I will get back to you soon!

Kerry, my kitchen was not based on Collingwood. :)

2 Comments:

  • Hang in there Sue! Your progress is awe-inspiring to beginners such as myself! Really looking forward to your final photos.
    Cate

    By Blogger Cat, at 3:36 pm  

  • Thanks Cate - so much appreciate your support!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home