2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm still alive!

Yes yes, I'm still around - life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately. Where to start...

We sold our house! Yippee. Only found out for certain and signed all the forms today. Our NEW house will be ready by Wednesday next week for our final inspection, then it's just a matter of the fixing up the bank stuff, and valuation stuff, and we should get the keys on Saturday! Well, on Saturday they want to open it for public viewing! So, on Sunday we can start the big move. I am so glad it's only 5 mins drive from our current place, it would be a nightmare going to and fro otherwise.

We have a trip to Qld right in the midst of our move. I can't wait to go to Qld, but really the timing couldn't have been worse! Our settlement date is 4 October - just before the Vic Titles.

Other news - I am officially getting old. No, not a birthday, but my joints and things are letting me know :) I definitely overdid it last week. Deadlifting is OUT, until I have finished the comps. I take too long to recover from really heavy lifting. It was only today, 6 days after deadlifting, that I woke up feeling remotely recovered. I still had the groin/hamstring niggle though. I had an awesome session with Adam on Tuesday. I was too sore to lift heavy legs so we did some sprints (I was probably too sore for those too but I am not a complete wuss - I was there i had to do something!). Yes started with sprints on the tready for 10 mins. Left the treadmill running and sprinted on and off, high incline, reducing rest periods while increasing the incline. Felt like i'd already done a workout after completing these! Then we did lots of pop squats and jump squats, and supported squats, side to side, front to back jumps, etc. Then some knee extension, high reps, little rest, pumped 'em out. Then, the 'torture machine' - the hack squat. Jodie's and my least favourite thing in the gym - well, our old gym anyway (this is where I am having my PT sessions). Did lower halves, followed by full reps. BURN. Then calves supersetted with front to back jumps for a minute. Then finished off with high rep crunches. So, that was all good, but I was truly sore and fatigued after this. I had already decided a full day off was in order. When it hurts your feet and ankles/shins to walk, you know you have overdone it. Everything was sore, lower back, traps, hammy, groin, hip flexors, feet, ankles, knees...you name it. So I booked in for a torture session, I mean massage. An hour and a half of pain - good pain though. My hip flexors were so sore, never felt anything like it before, and then, she layed me on my side and put a forearm stretch through my IT band. OMG, she warned me but I have never had to grab her hands to stop the pain before. This time I had to. So, next day (yesterday) I felt bruised and battered, but looser :) I am so surprised I did not come up in black bruises. It's very bruised to the touch, but can't see anything. So, still unable to do cardio as my soreness was still there. I did though, do a chest and tri session with Adam. Really enjoyed this, and am sore today. And to today, I finally was able to go for a walk - feeling the groin and hamstring though. I then trained legs. Yep, I can still train legs through it, it's just AFTER I train that it bothers me! Adam put me through my paces, we started with smith squats. I squatted those big blue suckers today, the 25kg plates. Never done that before. Only for 3 reps but hey, they are damn big plates. Then we did some leg pressing, on my old fave machine, the 45 degree that used to be in our gym. Adam was quite 'impressed' with my weights today, I did some high rep blood pumping sets first up, then did a few sets of 8 at close to 400lbs. Did a few other things, lunges, extensions, standing calves, lying curls (these I really felt) then finished with a set of hacks then abs. So, next week I will train on my own, then back with Ads again.

I am getting orthotics for my runners. I went yesterday, and was told I had some 'interesting foot mechanics going on'. She said she was very surprised I hadn't had more problems before now. So, there goes another $500. My ancillary doesn't cover them :(

Today was chiro visit day - as you can see, I am really into body maintenance. :) Matter of have to with what I do. I have to do hip flexor stretches 3 x day...must do them now before I forget.

Am going for a walk with Jodie tomorrow, looking forward to catching up with her.

Ok well I think that is my wrap for the moment. I don't get much time to read other blogs at the mo. :(

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your house!!!!!

    That workout is SICK!!!!! I get DOMS just reading it!!!!

    Do tell Jodie I said "hi"!!

    Xx - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 12:45 pm  

  • Great news about the house.
    Why do you have to show the public your new house?
    Kerry
    Talk soon

    By Blogger Kerry, at 4:50 pm  

  • Great to hear you have sold your house, must be a load of your mind.

    Have a great week and take care of your self

    Ali xxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 8:08 pm  

  • Congrats on selling the house Sue, i know what your going through with the move though. The most annoying part is all the 'stuff' that is delicate and you need to transport in the car.

    Your workout session sounded like it rocked!

    By the way you are not old!

    sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 10:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home