2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

New legs!


Program that is :) Am so feeling it tonight! Flexing quads in car on the way home and they were shaking. Soreness has not kicked in yet, just lead legs. Lower reps so heavier weights, and back to lunges and leg press as well as free squats. Hack squats still rate a mention too unfortunately! Admitted to Richie that I could not even finish my 3 sets of cable abduction - did 2 sets, barely able to get the band on/off my ankle, that is how buggered I was. Jodie was in the same boat. Speaking of Jodie, she is improving her strength markedly, very impressive!

Also have new diet :) Around 500 more calories for this growth period. I certainly won't be going hungry. Peanut butter is a welcome addition, but cottage cheese has gotten the flick :(( I will be interested as to how my skin folds respond to this 'mega calorie' plan. I am already noticing definite improvement in muscle shape, and size. I have noticed good strength increase in the last few sessions so Richie has advised me to stay on the same supplement regime for a few more weeks before I cycle off.

Had a nice weekend, was Damien's birthday, celebrated at one of the local motels with some friends. Sat out by the pool, was a beautiful night for it.

Have a friend bringing back some Myoplex Lite from the US for me. Oh this is another thing that I get to keep in my diet which is great. I am nearly out of my Cappuccino Ice so look forward to receiving that. Also purchased some Bonanza Bars - these bars are BIG, and a little bit bad (ie have carbs and lots of calories) but they are awesome. Tried them in the US on honeymoon, PB and White Choc PB.

I'm quite surprised at how busy things are leading up to Christmas! I have 12 new clients starting this week coming. Great to see people still wanting to get in shape during the festive season. I always reckon it's a better idea to be following a plan at this time of year - left to their 'own devices' people can get a little out of control with all the Christmas parties and whatnot. I think I only have one more to attend, and that is the week of Christmas. Unless we go to Melbourne for one.

Still haven't totally decided on what comps I will do this year yet - looking at a few options.

I will be closing the office for a few days over the Christmas period. Little bit of a break required!!

What you make it

You can speculate and guess and theorize and envision, and all those things have their place. Yet you will not know for sure what you can and cannot do until you step forward and make the effort.

There are many things that might go wrong, and many obstacles you likely did not anticipate. Yet you must not allow the possibility of those problems to stop you before you even get started.
When something comes up that you didn't plan for, you can learn from it and make adjustments. When a difficult challenge arises, that challenge brings with it the opportunity for even greater value when you choose to persevere.


Everything that is easy and guaranteed to succeed has already been done. Real accomplishment comes from doing the things that no one else thinks you can do.

Lift your eyes up and see the objective at the end of the path. Then lift your feet up, one after the other, and take the first few steps along that path.

Accomplishment is not what is reasonable or practical or certain or without controversy. Accomplishment is precisely what you decide to make it.

-- Ralph Marston

1 Comments:

  • hot pic! those are some serious abs! you deserve a break over christmas - can imagine you will be getting more than enough work after NYE - hopefully there wont be too many confessions!!! ;-)

    By Blogger Bella, at 6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home