2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Where is the puke bucket?

I could make quite good use out of it of late ;) I came very close to needing it this morning during my leg workout. Last night before bed I was reading an ebook that I printed out, called Muscle Gain Truth. It fired me up to 'go to war' in the gym this morning! Instead of starting my first set for each some exercises relatively lightly I decided to use EVERY set as a work set. I increased markedly on Smith lunges and on free squats. I was very happy with my effort on those 2. We had to do hackies straight after squats as the leg press was being used. I could barely make my first set of 12. Felt like puking after hacks, and then onto leg press. Did a set of 12 at 280, set of 10 at 300 and I got to my last set of 8 and put the pin where I wanted it to be, 330lb, and I could not even push the plate off the base that is how little I had left in me. Had to reduce back to 320 and I could only get 6. On the set of 10 I was losing a little control and on the last rep my knee nearly snapped in half. Ok well slight exaggeration but it scared me a bit! Jode and I were SO knackered, we just draped ourselves over some equipment for a while to stop the queasiness. So legs, done and dusted for another week, thank goodness!

I am now working from my laptop. Changeover went pretty smoothly and guy who did it for me bartered for a training program rather than being paid, which I didn't mind at all! I am having a few teething problems with the upgraded versions of Word and Outlook but I will get there. With our wireless network I can even sit in bed and work while watching tv :) Not that I do that very often! Sometimes late at night.

Will be sending out a newsletter soon regarding my NEW YOU 3 Challenge. Got some more excellent prizes this time around, one being the new IAPC bodybuilidng course! You can read more about it here. The dates have to be updated, as do the prices I think.

http://www.iapc.us/special_idealbodiesonline.html

Now that I say everything is working smoothly I start having issues with my Outlook not opening Word docs and then locking up. :( Hate computers sometimes. Our new fax/printer/scanner is great though, prints so fast compared to our previous one! Noice.

Have just fed my muskles while writing a program and now better go and take a shower. We finished all our Seinfeld episodes last night which is pretty sad. We've now seen the entire series' of OZ, Kath and Kim and Seinfeld. What else is out there we can get into...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home