2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, February 24, 2006

Stinky guy

My Durathon pic, 2002

Chest and biceps done - felt a bit weak in the biceps (and wrists!) and had to go down in weight for a couple of my exercises. Hopefully that is just due to the week off. Trained by myself as Jodie is away, so it was hard to push past sticking points on the smith incline bench and DB Bench - consequently my weights were down on those exercises but for others I increased (pec deck and crossovers). There was a guy tonight who had the 40lb db's by his bench, who then walked away and did something else. I started with 45lbs but only managed a few reps, so put them down and quickly walked over and got the 40lbs ones. Finished my set, then the guy (who really needed a shower and a good soap up!) came back and took the DB's from me (like they were his!), and proceeded to put them back by the bench where I found them. He then hung around, walking back and forth, sitting down at the bench, talking to another guy, etc etc. In the meantime, I finished another set, and had rested and was SO close to walking up and saying "are you actually going to use those dumbbells or just look at them?". Then he finally decided to do a set himself.

I did some cardy(o) this morning too. Incline walking, while reading my bb course, which I have almost finished! Just finished my makeshift meal of rice, chicken and cottage cheese, now trying to decide what to do for the rest of the night.

Have a couple of photo shoots lined up for a bit closer to my comp - it's time I had some new ones done. Have a guy who contacted me quite a long time ago now, who is very keen to do a few shoots with me - even wants to come to Mildura! His work looks good so I am looking forward to setting up some times. Also going to do another one with photographer/friend who took the above and previous pics (this pic used to be used in Durathon advertising). Cool.

Tomorrow is leg day. Interesting to see how I go on my own, and not trained them for 2 weeks.

2 Comments:

  • I too hate the blokes that just look at the equipment and not use it, they seem to think that they own the whole gym. I suggest that you do as I do and go up to them and say, look buddy are you going to be using the machine/dumbells (delete which is applicable)I only have limited time to get my workout done so if you dont mind.

    Actually the boys have found me to be rather pushy at gym.

    I always say their is tables over their that you can chat at how about doing that so I can get on with my workout. They just get you so cranky

    By Blogger Tracey, at 11:14 am  

  • Sharon, thanks for your comment! It's not the actual swimming I don't like it's the getting wet bit I'm not keen on. :)

    Tracey, yes, a little annoying. We also have people from Pump classes that come into the ladies area and take our one and only pair of 7.5kg db's - that is highly frustrating!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home