2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, May 12, 2006

Some inspiration...

Michelle Poe, IBO Mentor and now staff member, wrote this recently to a client who was struggling with negative thoughts and behaviours. I thought those reading might benefit from Michelle's words of wisdom too :)

I'm a HUGE believer in the power of words. Remember the Red balloon example? - When I "say" Red Balloon - what do you see? A red balloon, right? When you read words your mind creates images to represent them.

That's why it's so important to write clear, specific, obtainable goals. As you write them - your mind creates an image to correspond. Every time you read those goals - your mind "sees" the end result. The more you read them, say them, think them, the stronger and clearer the picture becomes. "The more you believe the more you can achieve."

When I read your responses to my questions below I was left with a feeling of indecision. You think you want to improve your health, stamina and appearance but......

Do you truly want it? Do you feel you deserve it?

I've highlighted the words - that to me - show some inner struggles. Instead of using words like hope and maybe try using positive words like can, will , need, desire, want, control, etc.

If "hoping and doing what you've been doing" got you where you are today - and you are TRULY happy and satisfied with that place then great! But if you feel you are still missing out - that you're so close to achieving and becoming all you know can be....

What needs to change? What makes you uncomfortable? What's preventing you from achieving your dreams?

Change is not easy. It creates uncertainty. It may make us and the ones around us uncomfortable. And that's O.K. It's part of the process of learning that YOU are in control.

Believe in yourself. Make this real.

3 Comments:

  • Good one!! Well put Michelle :)
    It is great to finally read and catch up blogs... I see that there are quite alot of new faces around, which is excellent. Can't wait to catch up with you.

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:28 pm  

  • You have hit on a winner with Michelle Sue. I love her and look forward to the emails I receive from you both. I am absolutely certain that this is why I am having so much success this time around.

    Kerry
    xoxoxoxoox

    By Blogger Kerry, at 12:01 pm  

  • Mandy, absolutely - it gets hard at times, but it's just a matter of remembering how you felt when you contacted me in the beginning - I know I don't ever want to go back to how I was feeling before all this - that pain is enough to keep me being consistent, day in day out :)

    Jode - will chat to you tomorrow I hope!

    Kerry - Michelle is a true gem :) And as you know, I have to choose my staff very wisely now. You are doing great, you are SO positive, and getting into some great lifestyle habits that will stick with you forever.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home