2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Winner of Goliaths Bar Up competition

Congratulations Carolyn Gerdtz! Here is Carolyn's winning entry:

I am really loving my IBO program! I have been on the diet roundabout for so many years, and have gained and lost the same 15kg several times, until I managed to go over this and gain 35kg. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and of Jenny Craig, even becoming a WW leader, however with all of these programs, the emphasis is on losing weight without regard for WHAT you are losing. Each time I was on these programs I didn't achieve the body I wanted - not even close. Even though I achieved "goal weight" I still had a lot of fat, a belly, and not a lot of tone. Low protein, low fat diets will do that to you. It's funny now I think back, I knew that these programs weren't really working the way I wanted, however I just didn't know what the right way of doing things was.

With my IBO program, this is the first time I have felt like I am on the way to totally reshaping myself. This time is different - I feel like I am doing it RIGHT and that everything I am doing is working towards my goal - my new body. Not just "losing weight", but getting the body I really want - fit and toned, with a flat stomach (maybe some ab muscles would be nice). I can feel that even in the last 4 weeks where I have started weight training for the first time in 2 years, I am getting stronger. My measurements have decreased each week, indicating that I am losing fat and toning up. I am totally thrilled about it!

For the first time I feel like I have the tools to get the body I want. In the past I have just focussed on getting the weight off first - low protein low fat diet, mountains of cardio classes, and little or no resistance training. Obviously it hasn't worked, and I haven't been able to maintain this lifestyle long term. The IBO program is different to those I had been putting my faith in before - real accountability from providing feedback each week (not just stepping on a scale then running away and not talking to anyone), the constant support of yourself and Michelle, the absolutely sensational forums and the support from your other clients sharing their experiences on the program. Add to this an easy to stick to eating plan (I am rarely hungry, and this has been a constant problem for me in past) and an exercise plan that is challenging, that extends me out of my comfort zone but is still achievable each week, and you have a recipe for total body change. I am loving it!

I have a long way to go to achieve my goals, but after 4 weeks, I feel great. A little sore, but so much healthier and trimmer than I did 4 weeks ago. I have consistently lost weight each week to the tune of a kilo a week (which was previously unheard of for me on other programs), and more importantly, my measurements have been consistently reducing. My clothes are looser, and I am starting to eye off the smaller items in my wardrobe - I will be wearing them before I know it! I haven't felt this motivated and excited in a long time.

My favourite saying at the moment is a Chinese proverb - "One moves a mountain by carrying away small stones". As you say in the program guidelines, consistency and patience are the keys. I feel like they are paying off for me, and the constant support from the emails, program information and online forums keep me on track and focussed on my goal. Thank you for a great program, the support and belief that each of your clients can achieve the body they always wanted. I truly believe that I can.

Stay tuned to the forum for more competition announcements...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home