2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, July 16, 2006

All Over Red Rover!





It's 5am and I am still wide awake! Have not slept a wink! I am so full from our wonderful post comp dinner, my heart is thumping in my chest and I can't sleep!

I had a fantastic day. I placed 3rd in my class. The federation split our class (into 5 in short class - mine - and only 3 in the tall class). Got to admit I when I heard that was happening I was a bit disappointed, it is meant to be a COMPETITION so a bigger class would be better. And why not split it evenly? At least my class was REALLY hot competition. I was really happy with how I came up in photos that I saw (and we have mountains of photos!) - heaps bigger and more shape than previously. My shoulders, arms, back were great, I just have to get leaner in the legs and bum. I have to do that at the risk of losing some upper body muscle. But I was MUCH fuller, rounder and thicker than I have ever been. I saw a previous trainer there who watched my division and said I had put on heaps of muscle, and my legs had really improved from last comp. So, I am happy with how I came up, after feeling very miserable a few days prior. I had a few people think I was short changed for 2nd, but it's all very subjective anyway. I will wait to see pics, and dvd until I form my own opinion :)

Kimmy was amazing, and she came 2nd!!! We were so excited for her. She was stressing so much in the few days prior, so it was so good to see her do well!

We had a BALL after it was over. 9 of us went down to Lygon Street - me, Kimmy, Margie, Di, Jodie, Ali, Hilary, Kerry and my hubby was the token male :) He did a great job putting up with all us girls, we had so many laughs. He kept hanging it on Kimmy the whole time, it was really funny :) Got some funny photos. We ordered up all these different dishes to share - 2 different pizzas, a risotto, gnocchi, osso bucco, ravioli, and some breads and dips. Then we ordered 6 different desserts - tiramisu, Tim Tam cake, cappuccino cake, creme brulee, sticky date pudding, and chocolate fudge mud cake, and all had some of each. By this stage we were getting rather full and uncomfortable :)

It was great to catch up with some people at the show - Kerry W, Beate, Kerry L, Maya, Sandy, Katie, Lisa (who won a $600 pair of sunglasses!!), Sam and Jo, and I met Lorraine, a new client and I am sure lots of other people who I can't quite think of at the moment, with my brain suffering from sleep deprivation!

Sam got 2nd to the eventual Overall winner, she had a tough class too.

Most of the girls were great, friendly, helpful, great atmosphere, fun show. We got a cute little outfit for the opening of the show, which we will be able to wear to the gym later.

Ok, well I might sign off and try and get some sleep - I am going to be ratsh*t tomorrow!

I loved meeting Hilary for the first time, what a great girl. We have all formed a really nice friendly group and I am sure there will be many more times all us girls meet up! Hilary gave me a beautiful necklace and a very touching thank you card that I will treasure :) Thank you to EVERYONE for their support, encouragement, messages, it was all so much appreciated.

And Di was a FANTASTIC backstage b*tch!!! Thanks Di, you did an awesome job. :)

Love ya's all!!!! XXX

22 Comments:

  • The advantages of the NZ time diff - I get to comment first!

    CONGRATULATIONS SUE!!!!!!!!!

    You look just fantastic! Can't wait to see more photos.

    Well done on a mammoth effort.

    Cate

    By Blogger Cat, at 9:42 am  

  • CONGRATS SUE!!!!

    YOU LOOK FAB!! MORE PICS PLEASE!

    Enjoy your rest!

    SHAR x

    By Blogger Shar, at 9:53 am  

  • Congrats Sue!! Jaime and I were waiting on the edge of our seats last night for the results and were shocked to hear you didn't place 1st!!

    I can't wait to meet you at that Nationals cause I'm definately planning to make it there!!!

    Well done!

    Cherie

    By Blogger Cherie, at 9:57 am  

  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What an amazing day :) You looked amazing. The food must be tasting soooo good right about now!
    Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly, at 10:17 am  

  • Hi. Sue.You look absolutely fab!!! You did fantastic job. Congradulations!!! You are right You are fuller and lot more muscles than before. Can't wai to see more photos.

    JuliaC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 am  

  • Congratulations Sue, I was expecting to hear you placed first!!! I hope you are happy though because you looked amazing. Would love to see more photos.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 10:39 am  

  • Hi Sue,
    Congratulations!!! Have to admit to being surprised you didn't win, cos you look fantastic! Can't wait to see more photos!

    Dinner in Carlton must have been sooo wonderful after all that work!

    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 11:36 am  

  • Well done Sue, you looked beautiful and had amazing definition. You deserve every success you receive. Where you do go from here? I hope you and Damien enjoy your few days away just resting and enjoying the wine etc. Once again congratulations, you've done yourself proud.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 pm  

  • Sue, - you look AWESOME! Isn't it neat to see the final result after many months of prep. I've enjoyed popping in to read your blog! Enjoy the success!

    Pip

    By Blogger Pip, at 12:18 pm  

  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Well done Sue, you look great!!!
    Yes more pics please!!
    Enjoy your food, you totally deserve it :)
    So what's next for you?!?!
    xoxo

    By Blogger SeLiNa, at 12:56 pm  

  • Congratulations! Great pics! I LOVE Lygon St... the feast sounded so yum! Looking forward to seeing more pics!

    By Blogger Chontelle, at 1:05 pm  

  • Well done Sue on all your hard work. You are an inspiration to us all! Have a great break. I can't wait to see more pictures too :)

    Cheers

    Tania

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 pm  

  • You look GREAT!

    WELL DONE!!!

    It sounds like you guys ate one of everything on te menu - LOL!

    Say "hi" to everyone for me!

    XX - Michelle

    p.s. - Nice Tushy:)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:15 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    You look great and you did well!

    Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 am  

  • Well done Sue....I got some great photos of you and Kimmy...you both looked Fantastic....Got to talk to Jodie and Damien but, think you were backstage at the time...then missed you at the end, anyway was great to see everyone compete again.
    Enjoy your post comp time and I'll catch you soon.
    Regards Jacinta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 pm  

  • Congratulations and job well done! You look awesome!

    Maraina
    xx

    By Blogger Maraina, at 2:50 pm  

  • You were amazing and are such an inspiration. To watch the show and see all of your hard work pay off was such an honour. I sat and watched in awe! It was a real treat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 pm  

  • Congratulations - you look amazing - well worth the effort. Well done!

    By Blogger strewth, at 10:49 pm  

  • Hii Sue

    It's Timmy Naidoo from way back when....

    Still drop in to check out your blog. Congratulations on your placing. You look awesome!! Well done. You should be very proud...all the hard work has definately paid off :)

    regards

    Timmy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 am  

  • Congratulations Sue,
    It must be a very gratifying feeling to get up on stage looking and feeling awesome! Congratulations!
    love
    Rene xxx

    By Blogger little rene, at 3:47 pm  

  • Congrats Sue - you did amazingly!!! Wish I could have been there...

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:40 am  

  • My goodness, thank you to everyone who stopped by to make a comment! Your support and encouragement is appreciated a great deal.

    xxx

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home