2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More...





I can’t sleep! I think my sleeping patterns are a little screwy :) I did not sleep a wink the night of the comp – I was wired. Besides, we didn’t get home until after 1am and then by the time we showered and scrubbed our tans off, and got to bed, it was 2.30am. I lay awake until 5am before deciding to get up and do something useful – so I uploaded all Di’s pics to my computer and started to resize them. Tonight I did all of our pics. So, on the Sunday morning, we said our goodbyes to everyone, and were on our way to the Yarra Valley. What a great spot this is, only an hour from the city. We stopped in at the Yarra Valley Dairy on the way to our accommodation, and had a cheese platter for lunch. Their Persian Fetta (with a double ‘t’!) is to die for, you were right Kerry. The Valley Guest House where we are staying is amazing. Our cottage is situated on the hillside, with king size bed overlooking the lush gardens. There is a running creek underneath, breakfast room, pool (not that I am going anywhere near that!), pottery studio, and lots of puppy dogs roaming around J The frogs at night are so loud! We then had a spa, with and drank some champers that Kerry kindly gave us. I finally had some sleep at about 3pm, for a couple of hours. I can’t believe I did not sleep for that long, after the exhausting day and night I’d had!

Last night we went to the Healesville Hotel for dinner – it’s been rated at 2006 Country Pub and Restaurant of the Year. It was an awesome meal – had a beautiful Chardy, I really want to buy some but I haven’t had any luck finding the winery yet! We shared dessert, and let me tell you, it was one of the best I have had. A pear and almond tart with crunchy buttery pastry, with homemade honey ice cream and almond praline. Just melt in the mouth. After a really good sleep, today I just bummed around and caught up on some email. Damien had to fly back to Mildura for the day. He was back by 4.30pm though, in time to hit Balgownie Estate for dinner. We shared a tasting plate, then I had a ratatouille and Persian Feta pie which was nice. We had dessert here too, a tiramisu, but it did not live up to expectations at all unfortunately.

So, have email chatted to Richie only briefly since the comp, but will be scheduling some phone time with him soon to map out the next few months and decide on what comps to do. I’m pretty fired up, I know I have the muscle and shape now, I just need to get leaner and harder. I will have tomorrow and Wednesday off, and will start a clean diet again on Thursday, as well as some light cardio. Will take the entire week off training. I am still sore from all the posing, and pumping up. Di was a hard taskmaster.

I have to say I am still on a high, that was the most fun I have had in awhile! Kimmy and Margie were a scream the whole time, we had so many laughs. The tanning sessions were quite stressful for Kimmy, but we got a lot of amusement out of it too! I can’t wait for the Nationals when we will all meet up again!

I don’t have internet here, used the hosts wireless network briefly today, but my email wouldn’t send. I probably won’t post this until I get back home.

I need to get writing my section of the e-book that I have been asked to contribute to, that is due at the end of the month. It shouldn’t take me too long, I have most of it already written into articles etc.

Tomorrow we are finally getting to go wine tasting! I have pre-booked lunch at the Streetwater Café at Chateau Yering. The menu sounded really good :) Already checked those things out, I couldn’t stop reading menus in the final weeks.

So, all the blood, sweat and tears are forgotten again, and I am all geed up to go again. I seriously considered that this was it, the last one, a few times towards the end. But as they say, it’s like having a baby – you forget the pain and go back for more :)

Thanks everyone for the comments! I plan to respond as soon as I get good net access!

7 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,

    Congratulations on the comp! You did fantastic. Reading your blog this morning I am thinking is she crazy?

    I can't believe you are going for more! But as you said it is like having a baby, you do forget the pain and life goes on. Good on you.

    By the way, good to hear that you are enjoying all that yummy food. Your tummy must be loving you right about now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 am  

  • Glad to hear you that Damien and you are having a great time in the Yarra Valley!!

    Was a wonderful weekend Sue, you are a great girl!!

    You sure did look awesome!!

    I can’t wait till the October comp as well :)

    Hope your sleeping sorts itself out

    Ali xxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 11:09 am  

  • Hope you've caught up on some sleep!!
    Just wanted to let you know that if you haven't already seen, Kek has posted some pics from the weekend in the sportzblitz forum, and there's a great one of you!!!

    xoxo

    By Blogger SeLiNa, at 3:50 pm  

  • Congratulations sue! From these photos and from other peoples blogs you look truly fantastic. I have just c ome back from holiday and the first thing I did was go on the net to see how you did. Well done again and you will always be my inspiration.

    Love Amy
    xx

    By Blogger Amy, at 4:52 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    Congratulations, what an awesome effort! Your pics look fantastic and you should feel great about what you have acheived, you look like you have gained great size and strength (and an awesome butt!). Enjoy your days of training.
    Luv Hilds

    By Blogger Hilds, at 8:01 pm  

  • Glad to hear that you are having a great time Sue - you certainly earned it!

    Thought this might interest you - it is a comment I found from one of the NZ competitors on the website www.gofigure.co.nz over here:

    "Entry by: mindag - Sun Jul 16 20:18:46 NZST 2006
    Hi guys, just arrived from Melbourne, Lisa B came second in the open figure tall, last year's Australian winner, won. What a show and what an experience, the professionalism, standard of atheles, size of hall, etc was just amazing (so different to N.Z.), The athletes were really friendly the standard very high. Gladys came 3rd in the over 50's. I got 4th equal on the over 40's, I in my division was last year's overall physique champion, who has been competing for 10 years and did figure this year. The girls over there are bigger and fuller so us little N.Z. looked rather small. Overall an amazing learning experience, am already planning to go back next year, bigger and stronger. "

    So it sounds you have certainly been on the right track "muscleing up"!

    Cheers,
    Cate

    By Blogger Cat, at 8:46 pm  

  • You look GREAT!!!

    I knew that "Lion" was still inside of you!!!

    Those wineries sound FABULOUS! And those meals - Yummmmm!

    Enjoy!

    - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home