2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Big A** Plates were mine

Yes, I squatted the BIG ones, the 25kg plates, for a set of 8. Total of 60kg (including bar) . PLUS next set Adam added another 10kg, for a total of 70kg for 7 reps. That is definitely my best squat. I was going for 4 reps, and got 7! I have never even done those plates for 8 reps before, so doing it while dieting is rather a big accomplishment me thinks :) I then leg pressed 180 kg for 12 reps, then 220kg for 6, before I had to give it up due to the right quad pinching - it's so weird, when I lift heavy leg press, or deadlift, I get a nerve pinch, just under the skin on the top of my right quad. It's a painful stinging sensation, and then the area goes numb. So then we did sets of 20-30 bottom half pulses - I think these hurt even more. Followed with single leg high step ups, leg extension, leg curl with triple drop set, and then 5 continuous mins of alternate leg extensions to burn out the quads. Then Adam made me finish with an excruciating 5 mins on the recumbent bike. I wished I had my camera there so I could take some pics of my squats :) Next time. Now I will just wait to get sore. I hope not so sore that I can't do my cardio.

I booked in to see my physio on Thursday morning. Maybe she can give me some exercises to help my hamstring/groin problem.

Things here are very hectic. I am just managing to keep my head above water - I think. The house move is sort of on the backburner - we haven't been there for 2 days. I just am trying to cope with the workload and my training and dieting at present. I tanned before training, must get browner for Queensland! I can't WAIT to be walking on the beach in 10 days time.

Thanks for all the comments ladies :)

I want to add some pics but I don't seem to be able to anymore...

3 Comments:

  • Gawd that is some impressive leg day! You must have quads of STEEL woman!!

    Dont worry too much about tanning for the Queenslanders - most of us seem to be lilly-white and never see the sun!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:08 pm  

  • Hi
    Congratulations on receiving your keys to your new house - awesome.
    I had to laugh about you and your blender - you are the only person I know that packs their blender in their suitcase :)
    Wow what an awesome workout - sounds like you are way on track.
    I am in maintenance mode at the moment - so lots of food and had a great work out at the gym but missed my cardio but all going well.
    Keep up the great work you are an inspiration to me.
    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 9:02 pm  

  • Hope all is going great and on track for your up and coming comps. You need to design an indestructible blender, I stupidly/accidentally recently dropped a knife into my food processor, not a good idea!!

    take care I look forward to seeing you :)

    Ali xx

    By Blogger Ali, at 3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home