2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Been off the air

Unfortunately. Few web site issues to deal with. I apologise to anyone who tried to email me since Thursday evening, and couldn't get through. It was all back online from yesterday though. Web site getting there slowly.

Anyway, back from Melbourne, good trip, though I had mega pains in the stomach on the way down and was unable to train at Doherty's :( Sat and had coffee instead. Ronnie did show up, my goodness, he is monumentally massive. Went out and enjoyed a few too many wines on Friday night, and, paid for it the next day. I was so seedy I had to go home after the prejudging to sleep! So, I didn't even see the finals. The show really wasn't very big so I didn't miss much - except Ronnie posing. Was a long drive home on Sunday, but at least I had enough sleep the night before. Will do it all again in 2 weeks for the INBA Nationals - but this time I am flying thank goodness!

I trained back and tris yesterday, strength day. More PB's all round, which is cool. Maybe it's the creatine kicking in. I DB Rowed 65lb for 10 reps! Off the rack though, but still I was rapt with that. And I blitzed my first two triceps exercises. I'm very sore in the tris and bis (from pullups) and lower lats, as well as low back and shoulders. And tomorrow, I will start getting sore legs and bum. Had the killer leg session today, alone. Those lunges up the corridor are torture. But they have to be good for me :) I also did calves tonight, and finished off with some 'bench jumps' - that's my description. Hands leaning on bench, jumping over and back across bench. Good for the heart rate. Also went for a walk/jog for 50 mins this morning.

You know how I posted 'why am I losing weight?' a short while back? Well, now I'm not :) The scale is slowly but surely creeping up the other way as I knew it probably would eventually. But hey, at least I'm honest :)

As always, as soon as I start to 'drift' I want a new challenge. Someone asked me today via email, what keeps me motivated. So I had a bit of a think about it. New and different things is one answer. I get bored quickly. I'm loving the strength training at the moment, that is different and fun. So I have some ideas in the pipeline that I will be working towards. I have a phone appointment with someone rather special on Thursday morning, and really looking forward to the outcome of that.

We still haven't unpacked any more boxes!! Damien has started his new job and is flat stick with that, between us we are not getting a lot of free time, so we have put down Saturday morning as our unpacking morning.

I am getting better at sleeping. Last night Rexy had a bit of a mishap in the bathroom. He somehow, at 4am, managed to knock down the fly wire screen from the window!!! Damien, asleep on the couch, thought he had been shot! I was fast asleep upstairs :)

Ok, time to sleep. Congrats to Sam and Kristy for their performance at the WA INBA's - looking foward to cheering you on in about 10 days time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home