2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ouch


I think my back is the most sore it's ever been - that is, my back alone - deadlifting gets every muscle in my body sore, including my back, but pull ups - ouch. My lats are sore from top to bottom, front to back. It's hard getting the back sore so it feels good! This is due to the workout Adam put me through on Friday - back and tris. Yeah, my tris are sore too, and of course the biceps, from the pullups! Started with heavy lat pulls, then some overhand wide grip pull ups, 3 sets - I could only manage the first couple on my own before I had a spot for the next 4. Then did ones that I have never done before, holding a v grip handle over the chin bar, and pulling up to one side, then the other. 3 sets of these too. More lat pulldowns, one arm rows off the rack (I did 55lb for 6 which I was pretty happy with), and seated rows. Think that was it, then triceps. This week I train on my own, doing a program Adam has written for me - it's a doozy, especially leg day!

Today I did a Body Attack class, and yesterday I walked/jogged for 50 minutes. I have to say that my injury has improved markedly - whether it's due to my orthotics, or rehab work I am not sure - probably both however since I have had the orthotics, it's just improved out of sight. Crossing fingers it stays that way.

My weight is holding around 113-114 which I am pleased with. I could eat a horse, my metabolism is through the roof. I have been enjoying lots of salads of late. Tonight I had a caesar, with real dressing, and croutons :) I added some anchovies, a little feta, more cos lettuce, and chicken. Am having 1 or 2 Myoplex's per day, and enjoying some flavoured rice cakes (Nacho Cheese, mmmm), and some cottage cheese again. And, some cream cheese also, but the 80% less fat one. It tastes just as good to me. Sun dried tomatoes, and avocado, and sometimes chickpeas go in my salad. With some light mayo, and some tomato Kasundi (Indian spicy sauce). I'm having the odd wine of an evening too, so am enjoying myself, without going too crazy (not often anyway!). We found an amazing chardonnay in the Yarra Valley - Carlei Vineyards 2004 - had a glass at the Healesville Hotel and fell in love with it! Couldn't find it anywhere though, so when I got home I emailed a friend who is in the wine industry, and as luck would have it, he was able to source it for me, at wholesale price! So, we got a case, as well as a half dozen of a different year - $50 a bottle retail. Kerry, you love your chardy, you should try these. Next time you are here I will open one. If there is still some left ;)

Speaking of Kerry - she was here on Friday, and we had a coffee and caught up, and she also came to the gym while I trained with Adam. She bought me some Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat cheese! It is divine, we bought some while in the Yarra Valley - she sourced it out for me - thanks Kerry :) It's all gone already, but, now I know where to get more!

I posted some pics from Di's wedding, I posted these last time I blogged but they wouldn't take - for some reason tonight they worked fine. So, finally, a couple of pics. Will try and add another of Di and Gerard now.

We had a garage sale at the other house yesterday, which was actually kind of fun even considering I had barely any sleep. Sleeping has been a bit topsy turvy of late. There is quite a bit of road noise here, which I am not used to. I sleep with ear plugs in and a mask on to keep out the light because we don't have any blinds!

Looking forward to going to the IFBB show, should be different! Goin' on a road trip !

3 Comments:

  • Great to hear how you are going Sue. Enjoy your trip.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:25 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    Di looks stunning, love her dress, I am sure it was worth the second purchase!! You guys look so cute together in the pic in your previous blog.

    Your training sounds like its going top gun!!! What a buzz!

    You will have to fill me in on the novice IFBB girls so I know what I will be up against in Sydney :-)

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 11:10 am  

  • Rachel, thanks, I hope you are well! How exciting, not long to go! Are you nervous??

    Sam - yes Di looked beautiful! And I will definitely fill you in on the show!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 7:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home