2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Why am I losing weight?

I'm still really sore from my back training on Friday! I had my first chest/calves workout yesterday, on the new program. A bit of a 'getting to know the program' workout, but I still felt I got a great one.

I cooked dinner last night :) Oh yes, I actually can cook. Usually I don't have time or am dieting, but I am going to start putting my lovely new kitchen to good use. I made a Spaghetti Carbonara - it was divine. Easy too. I sourced out the cheese from the local deli, and, picked up another jar of Meredith Goat Cheese at the same time :)

I am so surprised because my weight is actually dropping. Today was the lowest it's been since before I went to Queensland - and I have been eating like a horse. I was suprised because I had more carbs than usual yesterday, what with the pasta for dinner. I think my body composition has changed a little though, but not a lot. I have still been training and cardioing hard, but eating what I want (which is mostly good stuff anyway - I'd much prefer something like avocado, goat cheese - or any cheese for that matter!, sun dried tomatoes, etc, over potato chips or junky type food). Just had a lovely egg white omelette with sun dried tomatoes and some light cream cheese for brekky. Yum. Trying to decide if I should go for a run, or save it for my leg session later. I have to meet the cleaners at the old house around 9.

It's about time I had a massage I think. I might book one for tomorrow, since I will just be starting to get sore from legs today.

I went shopping for house stuff yesterday - we threw out all our old saucepans, so I scored a great set for half price, and some other odds and ends - bath mat, toothbrush holder, chopping board etc. :) It's fun. And, we also ordered our lounge suite and dining setting, and coffee table for the formal area. It's gonna take 8-10 weeks!!! Bugger.

We've been letting Rex roam around a bit in the house, he's quite amusing. We let him outside on the balcony last night and he was in 'bug heaven'. He's getting quite good at going up and down the stairs now :)

I've just written a list of things I need to get for my office. I haven't unpacked boxes yet still. So many boxes, so little time :)

I will take some pics today, Gill was asking me to post some of the house, so I will do that later.

Ok, well must get going, I think I will go for a short run.

10 Comments:

  • It's called showing off!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 am  

  • Actually, it is just as difficult for me to lose fat as it is anyone else. I think it is because I am not stressed by dieting, and my metabolism had slowed right down. This has been boosted by the extra calories, plus, I am training hard and continuing my cardio. I don't expect to keep losing, just maintaining around this will be great - while having a life :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:32 am  

  • And good on you.
    Kerry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 pm  

  • Sue sounds like your metabolism is enjoying the food, kinda what mine has been like since I started with Mike D hey???

    If you are eating like a horse, can you tell me what horses eat? I have a new edition to feed :-) LOL

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 5:10 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    Great to hear you are finally getting to relax a bit, you deserve a nice big break!
    Enjoy! Luv Hilds

    By Blogger Hilds, at 10:04 pm  

  • Thanks Kerry :) I feel I am in a good balanced place right now which is a nice feeling :)

    Sammy - What's he called, Swift Wind??, he has to eat loads of oats - with cottage cheese :) That was a funny pic on your blog :) Do you have a room specially for your plushies in your new home?

    Hilds - thanks and thanks for dropping by, glad you are enjoying the new program!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 10:48 pm  

  • Yes I have a stuffed animal room, which will one day become a nursery ;-) At our old house Damo called it the 'dust collecting room' because he wreckons they attract too much dust!..... he has no heart LOL... but is continually amused by names they all have.

    I tried Swift Wind on Oats and Capaccino flavour protein powder... he gave me the 'naahhh' of approval, just wasnt happy with sharing them with me.

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 11:54 am  

  • I already like Swift Wind, because he’s a cappuccino man :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 12:11 pm  

  • Funny how when you stop obsessing over things, a.k.a weight and food, they just fall into place isn't it?

    Glad to see things are going SO well for you!!!

    And it's nice to see you back to your "self"!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 3:01 am  

  • Ah Sue its great to see you enjoying life and putting that sparkling kitchen to good use!

    Can relate to the boxes issue! I've just got the study all set up so that's one more room down! Feels like it never ends doesn't it?

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home