2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Resurfacing...

I have been a stranger to blogging of late – just haven’t had the time nor energy! Actually, I did spend a bit of time posting a few days ago, only to have it wiped on me. Very frustrating!

So, thanks to everyone who emailed and said they missed my posts! Nice to know someone takes an interest! I am definitely feeling much more relaxed since making the decision not to compete. I have started a new strength training program with Adam, which is great, definitely different – I don’t even feel I’ve really worked that hard when I am done. It’s just a different way of training. Today I did chest and biceps – I said to Adam that my goal for chest is to lift my body weight for at least 1 rep. Today, my first go, I was only 10lbs off doing that. Did legs on Monday, and I squatted a PB of 72.5kg for 5 reps (159.5lb) and equaled a previous PB for leg press, 500lb for 4 reps. Oh boy, was I sore. I got that pinched nerve in my upper right quad happening again on the leg press – always when I go really heavy. I was pretty happy with those lifts. We are going over 12 weeks, and doing this program fortnightly. I will do my bodybuilding stuff on the alternate weeks.

Looking forward to still going down to watch the Nationals, and cheer Sam on. Staying with Sam and her friend Kristy, and Ali. Kimmy and Margie and co will also be there, so it will be another fun weekend.

Now, to the house!! Well, we are all moved in! It’s just lovely, now it’s all settled down a bit – thought I am still sitting on a deck chair in my office J I have to get my proper chair from mum’s. I have my fax and printer at the old house, as they aren’t connecting us up here until tomorrow. Was without the internet for 3 days from Saturday so that was a bit difficult for business. We are living out of boxes and will be for a while – at least until settlement goes through for the old house. That’s next week. Have had to arrange plumbers, curtain fixers, curtain cleaners, house cleaners, etc and going between here and there to meet them and arrange everything. There is no way I could be competing in 10 days time! The days we moved my legs were aching and feet were sore by the end of the day. Seemed to have so much stuff! But, we have tons of cupboard space here so it’s all good.

Rexy has been funny. He was quite intrigued when we first brought him over. Checking out every nook and cranny he could find. I do believe he has had a bit of a mishap on the stairs already – I didn’t see it, but I found scratches and a piece of fur in a very strange place. Looks like he went over the landing balcony, and either fell down to the floor below, or, held on for dear life while scratching like crazy with his back legs to try and get back up. It would have been so funny to see. When I thought about it, I did hear a couple of loudish noises at one stage that I thought must have been him being naughty. Another time I found him lying sprawled out on a section of the balcony that you can only get to through the balustrading.

Going to Melbourne in 2 weeks to the IFBB show, will see big Ronnie Coleman in action. Looking forward to a bit of a weekend away.

Jodie and I are getting together for a cardio session every week. We had a good one on Saturday, some plyos made it tough, and made us both very sore! We also did some walking lunges, Jenn H style, down the very looooooooooong passage way.

I decided to get myself into a routine at the new place. Get up, turn on computer and download mail while making coffee. While it's brewing, get dressed for cardio, then drink coffee watching 8am news. Off for 45 mins of cardio, back, shower and get stuck into some work. Training has been moved to 2.45pm to fit in nicely with my schedule. Then home, protein shake, and a bit more work before switching off no later than 7pm.

Making my protein shake today, I was tipping in some white choc pudding, usually I do quarter of a box - well, it slipped out of my hand and the whole packet, paper and all, went in!! Stopped it as soon as I could but not before I had munched up paper, and a full box of pudding in my shake!!! What next? I don't have much luck with blenders - I have lots of hard luck blender stories, don't I Jode? :)

Have started another NEW YOU Challenge on my website – open to all clients who sign up for a full program from 1st October. Details are on the site.

I posted some pics of Di’s wedding on my last post that I lost, so will try again this time.

Well, let's hope I don't lose this post!

7 Comments:

  • Hey Sue,

    Sounds like you are getting on top of the moving. Living out of boxes sucks doesnt it? I am still sifting through them looking for stuff at the moment.

    I too will be seeing Ronnie Colman (in sydney) at the IFBB Nationals :-) -- cool

    Looking forward to catching up soon. You guys sounjd like you had so much fun last time, I am excited that i am not missing out!!

    Talk soon,
    Sam

    PS - you cained the squats, make me feel guilty about my half hearted effort last night :-o

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 10:36 am  

  • Hi ya Sue,

    Welcome back! It's great to read about all the exciting stuff. Sorry I missed you up here. You couldn't wait to escape the wind and rain eh?
    Have a lot of fun in your new house. Keep up the great training too. Have fun at the IFBB. I look forward to reading all the updates on Ideals.

    Happy training.

    Maraina
    xx

    By Blogger Maraina, at 12:04 pm  

  • Hey Sue!!
    Great to see you back in blogging action :) Hopefully things will settle down for you now; I like your daily routine, sounds ideal!!
    Bummer about not going on to compete in the Nationals, but you've obviously made the right choice, when the bod is 'broken' must let it fix itself before it gets worse!!
    Enjoy the shows you'll be watching!! Take care!
    xoxox
    Selina

    By Blogger SeLiNa, at 12:29 pm  

  • Hey Sue,
    Just back from being up home. I enjoyed the sun...I miss the constant sunshine here in Melb!(although today is nice).I walked past your place on Monday morning after doing a rather large lap of Mildura (I was on the home stretch), what a beautiful home...I thought about knocking on your door to say Hi but figured that would be too rude at 8am.Might be able to catch you at the nationals....take care
    regards Jacinta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 pm  

  • Good luck with your new weight program, and great to hear you are settling into your new house.

    The Nationals should be another great weekend, looking forward to it :)

    Enjoy this weekend :)

    Alixxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:55 am  

  • I just noticed on my calendar that you actually moved ahead of schedule - I had it down for October 4 which would have been even CLOSER to your first comp - LOL!

    Definitely a wise move to not compete again this year!!!

    How many of those boxes held nothing but your precious "stash" of Capp ice:)

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:34 pm  

  • Sam, yes living out of boxes does suck!! Hopefully we will get there soon. At least I have lots of cupboards to put stuff now. Not long to go now for you!

    Maraina, no, we really really wanted to stay, despite the rain! Love it up there. All the best for your comp, I had an email from Lorraine tonight, I will be all ears to hear how you all go.


    Jacinta, small world isn't it! I probably would have well and truly been up - it's rather noisy here with the traffic and with no blinds yet, it gets light kind of early :) See you at the Nationals!

    Ali - likewise!

    Michelle, no not ahead of schedule - October 4 (actually October 3 now) is our settlement date - where we hand over the house to the new owners. To answer your question of how many boxes of Capp Ice - NOT ENOUGH!! There could never be enough Capp Ice :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home