2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Flying visit

Back home from my flying visit to the Nationals. Had a blast sitting with Di, Gerard and Ali at the show. Caught up with Kimmy and Margie, and her 'mad mates' :) We all had dinner on Friday night and it was very funny stuff. Great to catch up with Sam and to meet Kristy - that girl has a very bright future in this sport - though, I really think they should disallow such people who don't have to do cardio or diet hard, to compete ;) Just kidding, I'm only envious!

Sam was 2nd in her class which I am certain must have been VERY close. Kristy was a stand out in a huge class of 16. I was quite amazed at some competitors physiques and how different they looked to recent/previous competitions - it just proves that dieting for too long is not a good way to go! So, while a few lost a lot of condition, a couple of the figure girls really stood out to me. Sally Milne, she just looked amazing, and a girl from SA called Vivienne. I thought she must have been close to winning her class, and Sally unlucky not to have taken out the Overall.

I thought the show was run really well from a spectator's point of view - no 'entertainment',/dancers, just bodybuilding - which is what we want to see.

After the show we got a lift back to the hotel with Jacinta, and then tried to find somewhere to eat - without luck! So, Sam, Kristy, Ali and I trotted off to Safeway and bought a stockpile of goodies. We lost an hour due to daylight saving, so it was a late night, about 2am I think when I decided to crash - with a very full belly. Up reasonably early to catch my plane home. I couldn't believe it cost me $63 for the taxi to the airport!!! On a Sunday, no traffic, made good time - WTF??? Cost $51 on the way down, and that was Friday afternoon banked up traffic.

Had words with the receptionist at the Quest Kew Apartments when I left. She had been so rude to me throughout my booking with them, and it continued while we stayed there. So, when she arked up big time at me asking if I could check out and pay for my accommodation separately (as I was the only one leaving), and then about the rollaway bed I specifically told them we didn't need, I let her know what I thought of her telling me I had an attitude problem and that I was disorganised (simply because I had to change our original booking a number of times). Where is the customer service these days, and what exactly is it we are paying for? She was actually almost shouting at me, while there were other girls waiting to check out! As far as the attitude problem goes, Ali saw it the day prior when I asked for directions to the comp - and it certainly wasn't me with the attitude! I might write a letter of complaint to the directors. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion!!

I am looking forward to starting my new program and diet plan tomorrow. Bring it on.
I have been sent some new products to try this week - looking forward to that! Big things happening in the business world but can't say too much just yet, except that I am quite excited.

I PB'd a bench press on Friday before I left, and the seated row. Think my creatine is also helping with my recovery - I get sore but it stops before it gets too bad. Recovering much more quickly.

Ok, time for bed, it's been a big weekend. I have a few pics of Sam and Kristy that I hope to download tomorrow. I've cooked up my lunches for the next 3 days, so all set there.
Here is the link to my article on bodybuilding.com - pretty cool.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,
    Thanks for such a great weekend!!
    it was awesome!

    Write that letter, and I will email you later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 pm  

  • Hi anonymous, glad you had a good weekend - but who are you? :))

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home