2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Exhausted!

Well it's been a tough 4 or 5 days. Still getting these periods of exhaustion. Rather frustrating! Yesterday I did a morning Step Class which was great, but died in the butt when I got home. I was a walking zombie yesterday afternoon. I tried to take a nap from 2.30pm and dozed on and off - got up around 4.30pm. Then I just veged out. I was meant to be at the gym by 4pm for a training session but I had to postpone it until today. So, as Bootcamp with Jodie and Bec had been organised for midday at the gym, I decided to train shoulders/biceps before bootcamp. I took my Whey Pumped and raspberries to have post workout and before cardio. We did a few Jen Hendershott moves (not quite as fluent as Jen is at them of course! Nowhere near it in fact!). Lined up 7 steps and continued to walk over top of them on our hands. My shoulders are aching now, with that being a 2 x shoulder workout. We did lunges, pop squats, toe taps on step, one leg step ups, cardio equipment, and walking around room on hands and feet in supine position.

Anyway, I've decided to give up caffeine for 10 days and see if it makes me feel any differently. This statement is a big one for me. Hence I am most probably addicted. So, I will still have a morning coffee but will switch to decaf (one per day). Michelle, you know that also means giving up the you know what (ML). I will just tell myself it's only 10 days :) Also means no Driven or fat burners which I haven't taken for over a week anyway. I was going to do caffeine and artificial sweeteners but feel one at a time would be best so I can tell which, if anything, is helping. Di, I'll need to get some, or bring some proper decaf with me! Be warned I could be really really grumpy. Actually by then I should be over the withdrawal symptoms!

I will be in Queensland for the next two Sundays so no Bootcamp - not here anyway.

I had a hard leg session on Thursday and still pretty sore from it. I squatted first up, only my 2nd squat session and my first decent (as in weight) one for a long time. I manged 35kg plus the olympic bar for a good 8 reps and then 40Kg plus bar for 6. Followed that with what is a PB for stiff leg deadlifts, 32.5kg plus olympic bar, for 12 reps! Ouch!! That's my bodyweight.

Oh before I forget, has anyone happened to tape The Biggest Loser on DVD? I have NEVER seen this show and I believe I MUST be missing out. We don't get Channel 10. I'd love to see a few episodes if anyone has any taped, or if anyone is willing to tape a few episodes for me!! Please email email me or leave me a commet - thanks in advance!

Anyone out there have any good ideas for strapping wrists? My poor skinny little wrists need some attention - my current strapping is stretched to buggery and really does nothing more than 'pretend'. I need something that has lots of support but that i can wear under gloves. The ones with the steel bit I don't think would work. Reminds me I STILL have not found any new gloves. Perhaps when I go to QLD I will find some.

We finally ordered our blinds! Yippee. So in 6 weeks it will be a different house! One more huge job out of the way.

I had my hair done on Friday - 3.5 hours of 'torture'. I hate spending all that time in the hairdressers! What is worse, my roots turned out orange and I have to go back tomorrow to get them fixed!!!

I received this from a client today and thought I would share it here:

Tequila and Salt.
This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could read it everyday. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt,
and call me over!

Good friends are like stars........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway"

I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I'm here than a whole truck load when I'm gone.


Ok, time for some more work. Trying to get stuff done so my week is not too full on with my trip coming up.

6 Comments:

  • Yes, we weren't buzzing across those steps like Jen but anyway... I liked the Tequilla & Salt email!
    I will have to catch up with you before you fly out, maybe a walk?

    By Blogger jodie, at 6:06 pm  

  • OMG i am so sore today - i cant work out what is hurting more but i think i can feel just about every muscle in my back, shoulders and my rear.
    Had so much fun thou!! Cant wait to do more.
    Good luck in QLD if i dont see you before

    Talk soon
    Bec

    By Blogger Bec, at 10:46 am  

  • Hey Sue

    I am over my Pepsi Max withdrawals which were not doubt a caffiene comedown, but I have absolutley zilch in me right now, my body is used to buzzing!! 7th Pepsi Max free day today.
    I will DVD you some Biggest Loser episodes if you like, I'll e mail you.

    Shar x
    PS your boocamp sounds fun!! :)

    By Blogger Shar, at 1:35 pm  

  • Oh no - no caffeine for 10 days. Cold turkey?

    Poor Mr. Sue.

    Lots of water!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 5:01 am  

  • Good luck with cutting out the caffeine!!! Hope your energy levels increase soon (after those caffeine withdrawals have gone!)

    See you sooooooooooon!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:33 am  

  • Great post. I look forward to seeing you here in Queensland!

    By Blogger Maraina, at 2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home