2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Excuse me - is that your bum you are trying to cover up?

Need to order some more Lorna Jane shorts, and maybe one of those little skorts, I really like them.

Oh which leads me to the jumper around waist 'issue'. Those who know me, know I train with a jumper around my waist much of the time. Now, it seems that this causes much concern for many others who see me wearing this jumper. It apparently means I am trying to 'cover up my bum' because I don't want people to look at it (ie I must have 'body issues'). Over the years goodness knows how many people (guys mostly) I have had ask me why I wear it, and tell me that I 'don't need to cover up my bum'. Well, here's the big secret - I'm not actually trying to cover up my bum (well not in that sense of the word), but for those that are unaware, the jumper around waist, has lots of great benefits. Let me explain...

Number one - you see, I am a gstring girl - I don't own any other type of underwear. I actually do not like training in shorts - but, in this weather, it's a must. So, rather than worrying about having to pick out a shorts wedgie whilst I have my bodyweight in big iron plates sitting on my shoulders in the middle of a deep squat, I have a jumper to take care of that (then I can get rid of the wedgie when my set is done) :) Or, when performing a stiff leg deadlift, on the up portion - the wedgie, every time. Even when I have my feet up on a bench, the 'arms' of the jumper drop between my legs so you can't see what I had for breakfast. You see, I don't think that would be a very nice look at the gym. I've seen it before, and well, like I said, it's not.

Number 2 - the jumper stops the shorts riding up my waist when I run and therefore prevents me from having to yank my shorts down every 10 metres. Too cumbersome when I am usually carrying my moby in one hand, and my MP3 (when it works that is), in the other. If I was an octopus perhaps I would be able to cope.

Number three - I feel naked if I don't wear one.

Number four - it might get cold (you NEVER know).

Number five - if it has pockets it can be handy for stuff.

There you have it - the jumper around waist phenomena explained. Hehehehe :) I don't usually wear one when I can wear pants.

Bootcamp with Jodie today was great, we did about 50-55 mins I think, including the walk there and back. Bec couldn't make it so just us two today. Hilds, the place where we run (I will take my camera one of these days) has 5 flights of stairs, and all sorts of gadgets around and places to run/sprint etc. So, we do stairs for awhile, then run up hill/down hill, some plyo's ie pop squats, squat jumps, some star jumps, high one legged step ups with hip extension, toe taps, stagger jump, skaters, etc, more stairs, some short sprints, and so on.

This is quite disgusting, and don't ask how I know, BUT, the toilets at the gym have not been cleaned for at least 4 days!!!! Eeewwwww.

Had a great training sesh today, chest and arms. Upper body feeling rather heavy and achy tonight. Managed to push out an extra rep on each set on the incline bench, so that was good. I've been waking up fairly early most days so by night time I'm a bit buggered, which is also good. So I will be in bed early tonight. I got lots of jobs done last night, and today, so I feel 'ahead' this week already :) We finally got our books unpacked and into the bookcase - only been 4 months! Thanks to Damien, he did it, and very quickly, didn't take long at all. Now I just have to clean up the rest of the 'rubbish' hanging around my office, and hang my pictures and corkboard. Got to get a whiteboard too.

Found out about another comp in Melbourne that I may do, just before the INBA All Female. Why not hey?

Ok well I'm off to order some shorts and perhaps I should get a few jumpers to cover them up with too :)

For some reason I can't post pictures to my blog anymore :(

Have a great week everyone!

12 Comments:

  • No worries Sue, I know your busy and its not a simple answer. No rush, just when you have a moment!

    Talk with you soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 pm  

  • Hi Sue,
    I totally understand what your are talking about with the shorts issue. I too am a g girl and the jumper works a treat!!!!
    It was great training with you at Xmas and glad to see you are blogging again so voyers like me can see what you are up to. Shall email you soon to let you know what i am up too.
    Lisa V

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 am  

  • I think the guys just want to see your wedgie : )

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:30 am  

  • I just look forward to the day when I'm confident enough to train in shorts in public. But I'm working on it and I know I'll get there.

    Cheers

    Magda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 pm  

  • Hi Sue,
    Isn't it funny how you need to explain what you wear (it's not like your making them wear a jumper!)it actually sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the boot camp ideas, will have to plan something out, don't know about more pop squats though, they're already killing me (he he).

    By Blogger Hilds, at 6:10 pm  

  • ha ha, funny post and ewww about the toilets!

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:42 pm  

  • Dear Sue,

    My strange training habit is often wearing a long sleeve shirt for all my workouts (keeps me warm).

    Does your kitty like roast beef - I had a dream that I rescued your cat the other night!

    Cheers
    Liz N

    By Blogger LizN, at 8:44 pm  

  • I'm a 100% g-string girl too - and can totally relate, especially having to tug down the shorts every couple of minutes whilst jogging... very annoying!

    Bootcamp sounds like fun!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 7:19 am  

  • Ahhhhh - T.M.I. - on many counts - LOL!!!!!

    I wear pants year round - I hate nothing more than the feeling of sweat running down my legs - yuck!

    We all have our weird little quirks!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 9:05 am  

  • Nothing worse than dirty toilets!!! YUCK I can't stand that.

    Hope Damien is well and truely over his gastro, and least you didn't get it.

    Sounds like your training is going wonderfully. Talking off which I had better get to the gym for spin.

    have a wonderful day

    Alixxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 12:35 pm  

  • Arrggh Sue, sorry I was the anon person up top!

    Sam W

    By Blogger Sam W, at 11:09 pm  

  • LOL to your post.
    I thought perhaps you were stuck in the eighties ;-)
    I remember how popular it was to tie a jumper around your waist and walk around, (school, shops).
    ANyway, you reason are justifiable and way to funny.

    Take care,
    Deb

    By Blogger Splice, at 3:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home