2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Waiting for sun to go down so I can go to bed!
























Excuse the mess of photos, I have no clue on how to set them out properly. This 'pictorial' shows how I've added a little bit of size over the years. First pic is first comp 2002, 2nd comp 6 months later, then in 2004 and then last July in 2006. Check out the arms, they have certainly grown! The change in overall muscle density is very apparent. I've got some great chest ones, I will have to do that one another time - in my first comp I looked like I had come direct from a concentration camp!
I am so tired - it's 8.22pm and I am sitting in bed typing this, barely able to keep my eyes open. As always, when tired, my salt cravings have gone through the roof. I would estimate I've eaten at least 2 tablespoons of big crunchy sea salt just tonight. I wish I knew why. Anyway, I will just have an early night. Didn't get much sleep last night. Jodie and I had bootcamp this morning, which was great - we did an hour all up, including the walk there and back. Then I had my chest and triceps session this arvo - it only took about half hour - had a few supersets and drop sets in there which probably made it quicker. My upper body is aching all over again. I would have done calves but I seem to have a small tear or something - it's a bit sore from step class so didn't want to risk it.

Tomorrow is cardio only. It's going to be 42 tomorrow - reached 41 today. I don't feel it anymore, this a/c is marvelous :)

I predict I will start my comp diet on 1st April. Means I get to miss out on celebrating my birthday and wedding anniversary two years in a row. Not that the birthday is anything to 'celebrate', best it just slips on by really :)

Di - well my GHD's don't do anything for me in humidity! As soon as I step out into the 'atmosphere' my hair is a frizz ball. That night that picture was taken I remember I spent ages straightening it and then went out on the balcony for a pre dinner drink and within seconds it was a damp frizzy mess. So that is why I tied it back and flattened it! And oh yeah we are so heeuuuwwge. ;)

Hilds - in winter you will remember why you live in Cairns :) No, I don't blend my cherries I just add them to the thick chocolate mixture.

Kelly - how did you guess!! Yes, I do love blue :) I didn't realise it was that obvious! Great to hear from you. What do you have to do now for your cholesterol? Seems odd doesn't it...

Hils - yes Selina already told me you told her I was a short ass :) Am I 'false advertising'? I can't help it!! Thanks re the sugar thing - it's rather weird for sure. Hope you are feeling a lot better.

Lisa - send me an email and we can chat about the possibility of catching up! There are a few of us trying to get together...

Ok well that's about it for tonight. I think I need a bit drink of water and then to hit the sack.

Love Monday's...am I the only one?

1 Comments:

  • Hi Sue
    Wish I could be in bed at 8.22pm!!!!! or even better sleep til 8.22am!

    Perth is doing a three year trila of daylight saving and it is pushing my evenings later due to the extra light, LOVE IT though, late cool walks, sitting in the garden, late swims at the beach etc etc.
    Did you get the results of your sugar yet?

    Speak soon
    Shar :)

    By Blogger Shar, at 8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home