2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sumo's




Just finished a back/shoulder workout. I am including sumo deadlifts into my back workout every 3 weeks for some heavy duty workouts. Managed 154lb for 6 reps and 165lb for 3. The first rep of that set was an all out effort let me tell you! I was shaking and straining and grunting - the 2nd rep was easier. I probably could have done a 4th rep but didn't want to bust my boiler :) Then some kneeling cable lat pulls, heavy one arm rows off the rack (managed 55lb for a set of 10 and 8 and then 61lb for 6 reps - could not do these if I didn't have hooks!), and seated rows. Then cable machine side raises and resistance band rear delts and some abs. Ran into the latest male Body Blitz winner at the gym after my workout. Nice to see another Mildy resident win one! Watch out for him in the next edition of Ironman or on the Sportzblitz site. I saw him having his photos taken at the gym before Christmas. He showed me his before and afters then and I knew he'd have a pretty good shot at it.




Well my sugar results came back normal! 4.6 or 4.9 can't remember now, but definitely normal. Doctor can't explain it. It must have been breakfast. I had some sultanas which I don't usually have but you wouldn't think that would make your sugar sky rocket. Oh well, it's good news anyway - thanks for your concerns!




Really busy week this week!

To all my previous Perth or WA clients who finished the program with good results- I'm looking for someone to help me with a promotion over that way - please email me asap if you are interested! It's a great opportunity!

Not long until my 'working holiday' to Queensland! I'm getting quite excited - Di has arranged a lunch for all the girls - will get to meet some more lovely competitors and IBO clients!

Thanks all for the great compliments on my physique improvements! It's a slow process but I had always been a small skinny fragile kid (up until late high school when I started to stack it on a bit), always the smallest in the class, so it's really satisfying when I see the changes I've been able to make to my body through consistent training and a good diet.

And yes Di, I must have a really great tanner :) No prizes for guessing who!!

Sam - I am flattered... :) They say it's equivalent to the pain of childbirth, so keep that in mind. I haven't had a child but I'll tell you what, it was the most pain I've ever experienced! If you like the Baywatch or 'beach ball look' you can go over the top of the muscle and not have as much pain or as long a recovery - I prefer the natural look myself!

Today's pics are a couple of "blasts from the past"! First pic on railroad track taken 4 weeks prior to first comp and 2nd pic taken week prior to comp at routine practise.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Sue
    Good to hear your Blodd Sugar was normal.

    Cool comparision pics too, you must be very proud of yourself and everything you have achieved.

    Shar :)

    By Blogger Shar, at 11:23 pm  

  • Awesome comparision pics Sue!!!

    Good to hear that your blood sugars came up normal and hope you have a wonderful working holiday!!

    have a wonderful weekend!

    Alixx

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:45 am  

  • Great news on the blood sugar!!!

    No time for health worries now - you're too busy for MORE Dr. appointments:)

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home