2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, February 03, 2007




Sam W - You should have finally received my reply by now :)
Lisa - great to hear from you and good to know someone out there is aware of the virtues of a jumper around the waist! I got your mail and will be getting back to you soon.
Hilde - Ms Magazine Star (everyone buy next month's Women's Health & Fitness!) - did you try the bootcamp yet?
Jode - well thank goodness they have finally cleaned them...
Liz - nice of you to visit! You need to be kept warm up there in Qld?!!! My puddy cat is very fussy - he likes his Fussy Cat, and he's a bit partial to ham off the bone and metwurst - generally anything other than that he won't touch it :) I'm so glad to hear you saved him in the dream - I hope you wouldn't tell me if something bad had happened to him :) Isn't it interesting what we dream!
Hils - I hope we can catch up in Feb - great to hear you'll be Phat Camping!
Michelle - yes we all have weird little quirks - I bet Carolyn thinks one of ours is not ironing our gym clothes :)
Ali - yes he's well and truly over it - knocked him for 24 hours and then he was fine. Thanks. I hope your training and dieting is going well.
Deb - great to see you! Yes well I've moved on from the flicked back hair of the 80's but I guess the jumper thing must have stuck :) My music taste is probably still stuck in the 80's too :)

Ok, well it's very bloody hot here this weekend so I'm not venturing out if I can help it! Tomorrow Jodie and I have bootcamp - Bec if you are intetested, 9am same place. Getting it done early to avoid the heat. I did a step class this morning, and was going to train but got caught up in writing programs - plus my shoulders are aching from yesterday's workout! So, tomorrow wil train chest, tris and calves. I changed my split around so did shoulders and bis yesterday. Both are sore. I worked up and down the dumbbell rack for lateral raises, that was hard work. Hence the soreness. Started with Military Press to front on smith machine, then 2 heavy sets of lateral raises, then drop sets, up and down stack. Then DB rear delts supersetted with resistance band rear delts (love these) and then finished off with some Mil Presses to the back, with the olympic bar. Then biceps. I'm starting to get sore wrists and forearms again. Doing a lot of grip work with the heavy stiff leg deadlifts and pull ups and stuff and my poor hands and wrists are starting to feel it. I need some new wrist wraps and also have not been able to find new lifting gloves yet.

Went out for dinner AGAIN last night. I am living the high life, I better not get too used to it because that will all be stopping in a couple of months. Will enjoy while I can though! I had salt and pepper squid and a couple of nice chardy's.

I had my Women's Health Check at the doc's on Thursday. Blood pressure 100/60, and get this, I had high blood sugar! The nurse was like "you don't look like the sort of person who would have high blood sugar, but we better do it anyway". It was 6.9 and she's like 'oh! we better do this again - have you been touching any sugar or anything?' I said I'd had a few sultanas in my oats for breakfast that's all. So she wiped off my finger and squeezed out some more blood. This time 7.3. So, doc wanted me to have a fasting blood test and a glucose tolerance test - but they keep you in for 2 hours and I had about 4 hours sleep that night so it wasn't going to happen. He did say I could just have the fasting one and that would show if there was any problem. So, the results were supposed to come back yesterday but didn't. I can't believe my blood sugar was high!! WTF??? What are they going to tell me to do - cut out the sugar from my diet (what sugar?) and exercise??? Anyway, shall see what happens.

I've one more program to write tomorrow and that will be it for this week. Next week is already looking very busy with new clients.

Just finished my yummy MRM Choc Whey Pumped and cherries and now it's time for a little nap with Rexy. :) It's a tough life...

I will see if I can add a picture - this is the one I was trying to post a while back, when Adam left. This was at Phat Camp 2005. The other pic is when Di and I first met in person! Noosa, March 2004??

4 Comments:

  • OMG - Thank god I discovered my GHD! That unstraightened hair is tragic : )

    Doesn't time fly.....and we both look so much heeuuwwgger now : )) he he

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 7:35 pm  

  • Hi Sue, I'm sure your sugar levels will come back normal sounds a little strange otherwise. Haven't managed a Boot Camp yet, we have been having torrential rain up here (sometimes wonder why I live in Cairns this time of year!). Thank god for my treadmill at home! Hey when you have your choc protein and cherries do you blend it up? sounds yummy!
    Have a great weekend. Hilds

    By Blogger Hilds, at 8:19 pm  

  • Hi Sue,
    Is your favourite colour blue? You seem to wear a lot of that pretty blue colour, and I think it may have been in your bikini from the comp last year as well.
    I am the same as you, I had my cholesterol checked last week and it is 7.2!! I'm 26 and only 60kg!!! OMG
    Hope it comes down for you.
    kelly

    By Blogger Kelly, at 12:04 pm  

  • That is weird about the blood sugar - hope its all just some weird mix up.

    Had to laugh at your trainer thinking you were tall - I think we all must think that! I remember when I first met you I thought "it looks like Sue, but it cant be, she's not tall enough!" :) funny...

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home