2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Perhaps I'm one of the few (judging by the ecard I just received from Michelle!) that enjoys and believes in Valentine's Day. Any excuse to go out for a nice dinner and buy a nice card and little prezzie for my hubby :) Perhaps it's the people who don't have partners or have partners that turn their nose up at it that don't like it. It's not one day of the year to be good to your partner, it's just another one :) Can't have too many of them in my book? Doesn't have to be expensive, what's a card cost - $5? Anyway, Damien never lets me down - he bought me some lovely flowers (and a card which I'm sure is even nicer!) but is yet to give them to me. I had to put the flowers in water though as they were keeling over in the heat! We are off to Seasons for dinner, al fresco dining - be rather warm and sticky, but that's ok. Love eating outdoors.

I trained back yesterday - chin ups, lat pulls, one arm rows off the rack, straight arm pull downs, and then shoulders. I'm quite sore. I booked in for a massage - couldn't wait the month out! It was sooooooooooooooooooo good. He actually thought I had a calf tear, he could feel it. So, I haven't been doing any step for a couple weeks. Calves were very sore.

Today I did 2 x cardios - a 30 min session on the home tready this morning, and just returned from a 40 min walk/jog/run outdoors. Tonight's session is so I can enjoy a piece of bread tonight with my dinner!! Ha, how sad! Realistically though, I burned about 250 cals, and a thick piece of bread and butter would just about cover that. That's why huge free meals can really stop progress! Shows you how very important nutrition is in the whole scheme of things.

I got home from wherever I'd been yesterday to find 3 HUGE cat spews in the family room! My god it was disgusting. Thank goodness I had locked Rexy in the tiled area. We would have had to pull the carpet up!!! Poor Rexy. He goes through these 'spew phases' :)

I was talking to mum on the phone today and telling her how my iron levels had not improved since I'd been using an iron supplement, and in fact they actually dropped. She said "well you used to have iron injections when you were a kid". I'm like "WHAT???!!!" Gee mum thanks for telling me this possibly vital piece of information!! So apparently every couple of months I used to have injections at the hospital. I get my latest test results back tomorrow so if they are still down I will go back to the doc and see what my options are.

And finally, some awesome news - Ideal Bodies Online has another Body Blitz winner! Kellie Robins has been named one of the April winners! And rightly so!! This single mother of 4's awesome pics are in my client gallery. Congrats Kellie!!!

I still have to get back to some comments, rest assured I will. Got to go get beautified for dinner and I'm running late!

2 Comments:

  • Hehehe - glad you liked your card:)

    With all that fur on poor Rexxie I can only imagine the mess you came home to find!

    Enjoy your Sweetie day!!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:27 pm  

  • Congrats on the latest body blitz win, and congratulations to Kellie too!

    Hope you had a lovely dinner out for Valentines day! We went ring shopping :)

    I hear you on the cat spew thing... what is it with the puds that they feel they have to spew at the drop of a hat???? Mine goes through stages too, luckily we havent had an "event" lately!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home