2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feeling great!


Latest pic and old pic

I feel fabulous today! All day I've been feeling awesome. Go figure. Catching up on a few shouts here - better late than never!!

Sam W - I don't know when the article will go in - it's still being written by the jounalist at this stage. But I'll be sure to keep you informed!

Rene - no real secret to good protein shakes apart from a good protein powder/meal replacement, and ICE - lots of it! Got to have a good blender too, and mix for a long time.





Di - and I reckon Arnie is the sexiest dawg around. Especially with those sunnies on!! What a crack up!

Alicia - yes I am looking forward to the gathering at Di's - should be quite a turn up. Looking forward to meeting you too! Are you dieting??

Lisa V - I send Sam DM your message - thanks :)

Jodie & Bec - well I didn't get sore at all, think I need something to shake things up even more. The body is finally used to zillions of pop squats and lunges.

Shar - good on you for beating your addiction!!! Well, I have been advised to halve my caffiene intake to start with, to avoid the withdrawals. (So Michelle, no cold turkey - Mr Sue will be fine). So I've done that so far and I've only had 1.5 serves of caffeine each day for the past 2 days. Yes I'd love you to tape the Biggest Loser please!!!

Maraina - can't wait to meet you too! Finally!

So, this morning I went to the doctor again. I thought 'bugger it', I'm sick of going around in circles. For the last week I've been feeling very lethargic again. Personally I feel there is something going on with my iron levels. From what I've read, athletes need more iron than the average Joe. The reference range for hemoglobin is 115-160. Anything under is considered low. The highest test I've had I was 127 on the most recent one. I've been 115 and 116. But because that's greater than 114, nevermind it's extremely borderline, I am considered 'normal'. Serum iron was low this last test, and Transferrin was low last test. In my test in September, which alerted me to the iron fact, my red blood cell count was low. There is obviously something going on here. Especially when mum told me I had iron injections as a child. I haven't been able to find the medical records unfortunately. I asked the doc what's the procedure to get iron injections - he's referred me onto a physician but I can't get in until April 17!!! Crazy. Anyway, at least I'm in! And, so I will chat to him about it all and hopefully he will give me the ok to have an iron infusion - which apparently is a lot nicer than an injection which hurts like hell (and for weeks!) and gives you a huge lump and black bruise on your butt.

I want to thank Josh for the email he sent me today - I really appreciated that Josh. I will respond soon as I can.

I had a ripper chest/tris/calves session today. Quick 40 mins but very intense. I've been a bit slack on the cardio, so tomorrow is morning cardio and then shoulders and back in the afternoon.

We had the inlaws stay last night so went out for dinner. I had grilled Barramundi and veggies. Damien cooked up a roast beef tonight.

Tomorrow I have to go get my Next G network thingy set up for my trip. I can't believe I fly out on Sunday already! I have to get nails and eyebrows done on Thursday, and a massage, on Friday a derma, and on Saturday a spray tan!! I'm going to ditch the salt for a few days prior to doing the ad, drop a bit of fluid.

Ok well there's my wrap. Nearly bed time though I want to stay up to watch Sex & The City and Seinfeld reruns.




5 Comments:

  • Hey Sue,

    I am a Sex and City fan too... have complete DVD set :-) i can understand staying up to watch :-)

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 12:19 pm  

  • Great to hear your feeling better too. Have a great working holiday in Qld and above all have fun.
    LisaV

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 pm  

  • Hi Sue
    Thank God for Pay TV! I like watching reruns of Seinfeld & SATC. The only prob I have is when Sara Parker lights up a Cig errghh yuck so not sexy!
    I hope all goes well with the whole Iron thing.

    best wishes

    Mike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 pm  

  • Yes unfortunately I will be dieting :( I'm competing on the same day as Di! xo

    By Blogger Bug's Mumma, at 9:35 pm  

  • Arnie actually asked me to send the pic to Uncle Damo but you beat me to it : )

    I have never seen a single edition of Sex in the City. I shouldn't admit that, Jodie will no doubt pay out on me : )

    Oh and you will have to BYO that poisonous decaf! Am hoping this rain clears for you, it has been going non stop!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home