2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh dear has it been that long??

I got a bit of a kick up the butt from Di today, telling me I needed to update my blog :) Not something I didn't know as it's been on my 'to do' list for ages, but, the kick up the bum has gotten me here :)

So, let's see, what's been happening...

Well, hubby had the dreaded gastro last Monday - he said he felt that bad he wanted to shoot himself. I can't believe I didn't get it! You know it was just a couple weeks before he made the comment that he hadn't been sick for ages. I will never make that mistake again - have said those things too many time before and within days have come down with something!!

Training has been great - I did heavy close grip underhand chin ups last back day and I could feel what felt like every muscle fibre tearing in my back. I got very sore from these, wide and lower lats, so I am going to continue with them. I had gotten to a point where I wasn't improving much on the wide grip pull ups so changed to these ones. I finish my program with Kim soon, and in the meantime, before I start comp prep, will write a program for myself. I started on this last night. Going to include some power deadlifting again, try and put on a little more mass. Trained with Jodie a couple of days ago, was nice to train with someone again. Did shoulders, and still improving my lifts, though when the weights get heavier the tempo gets a bit faster.

I've had lots of comments and a good response already from my Oxygen mag ad. It really does look great and is well positioned in the mag.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Brissy and to Coolum to stay with Di. That will be here before I know it. Must get my Next G network service organised this week.

My supplement store is doing really well, MRM are loving my work at the moment - and I'm loving theirs! Love the supps, great tasting powders (Whey Pumped in chocolate is heaven when I mix my raspberries or cherries in it! Tastes like a wicked dessert.)

Look out in the next issue of WH&F for a story on IBO client Hilde Brunnbauer - she has some really sexy after photos to show off!

If you haven't taken a peek, see the Latest News for the announcement of our NEW YOU winners...

Got my tready set up, and have used it a couple of times. I can see it being very very handy come winter, or when I have to do 2 x cardio in the final weeks before comp. It's a big 3HP motor, and has an incline of 16 and speed up to 20kms hour - so I can definitely sprint on it!

Jodie, Bec and I are getting together for a Bootcamp session tomorrow at 10am. Looking forward to it. I have to train chest and arms tomorrow as I ran out of time today. I did get to a step class this morning though. I'm doing 2 a week and really enjoying them, and burning a lot of calories without it feeling like a chore :)

Loving my salads at the moment - I throw together a bunch of lettuce, cucumber, asparagus, semi dried tomatoes, some low fat caesar dressing and some chicken baked in spices. Sometimes I add a canned artichoke.


Feel free to check my News & Views from time to time at IBO if you are interested, I am posting there mainly to my clients and to keep everyone informed of IBO happenings.

Di - please order some sunshine for me - minimum humidity thanks, you know the hair doesn't appreciate it.

Ali - I haven't really had 73 blenders, but I'm sure it won't take long the way I am going :) I still have an email to respond to from you - getting there!

Gillian - actually our home did very well! We thought the courtyard may get flooded but no, it was fine! Yes the water situation is not good anywhere - we can still use a lot more here. I can't imagine being on stage 4 or 5 restrictions...

Mike - thanks, yes there won't be any ant farms around here!! Not built my me anyhow!

Kerry - I should get an email copy of the ad, maybe I can put it on my site somehow. We'll see how it turns out first perhaps :)

Jacinta - lovely to hear from you! How are your plans for competing going?

Jodie - hohoho, yes it's all a bit of a laugh :) Not sure what's in store for me yet...

K - can't do without my blender/s!! Oh i've had the clothes horse gym equipment before don't worry - but not this time.

Sam W - I recieved your mail, I apologise, it warrants a lengthly response and I just haven't had time to get to it, but I will! I've put it with my feedback email to answer Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for being patient :)

Big Rexy has been the biggest sook today - he won't let me out of his sight, he's following me everywhere. He's lying in bed, stretched out beside me like a big bear rug as I type. He was lying on the edge of the spa watching me take my face off before that, and before that was lying across my desk while I attempted to work around him.

Ok guys, over and out.

3 Comments:

  • Glad you dodged that stomach bug - especially with your commercial shoot coming up so quickly!!!

    Can't wait to hear about your new program!

    Talk Soon!

    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 3:35 am  

  • I call my bossiness "Managing Upwards" : )

    I hope you pushed up the front and jumped higher than that girl with killer calves at step class! He he....

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 9:37 am  

  • Hi Sue, great to hear from you again I've been looking forward to your next post. I just rushed out to get the latest Oxygen Mag as everyone was talking about your ad, it looks fantastic! Would love to know what you guys do at your little Boot Camp as I was going to do one for myself and my partner Cam (wanted to see how nasty I could be!). Cheers Hilds

    By Blogger Hilds, at 4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home