2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The year that was

I've been rather slack on the blogging these days, there's just so much going on - I really don't know how some people manage to write, complete with pictures, quotes, links - wish I could keep up! Here's my basic overview of what's been happening!

My hammies are so sore today! I lifted a weight I've never attempted before on the seated ham curl machine - 110lb. I managed about 5 reps from memory, but even the next weight down 95lb is really tough going, especially at a slow tempo. Followed with stiff leg deadlifts with the olympic bar plus 20kg. My hams are protesting! And tomorrow they will be even worse. I did have a massage today which was rather painful, but I like that :) Would you believe my biceps are still amazingly sore from Monday's pull ups? That's almost 5 days now. Tomorrow I have shoulders, might sms Adam and see if he can put me through some more tough sets. Actually he just sms'd me and we are all set to go for 3pm tomorrow.

I still have to learn how to run my Newsletter yet. The only spare time I am getting for this stuff is evening or weekend - and I am trying to give my eyes a break from the screen. I'll get there, am ahead this week with work so perhaps I will work on it tomorrow.

Hilds - I was starting to really worry about my shoes, but I have persevered and today while running on the tready they were fine. I have tried the different lacing, and, inner soles/half inner soles etc. It was just one shoe, the other was perfect! Hopefully it's all sorted - for $260 I would hate to not be able to wear them!

Michelle - yeah I understand - I used to have a home gym that was used for a clothes hanger. I love to get out to the gym too, but it's just not time effective for me to do so 2 or 3 times a day - which is what often has to be done before a comp. If I didn't have my own business maybe it would be different! I think I will love it! I will roll out of bed onto the tready, and watch the news - for once I will be able to keep up with what's going on in the world :) And Seinfeld reruns :))

This is nothing to do with anything, but I have to mention it. If you use a stair climber at the gym, please take BIG LONG steps and push off with your heels. It drives me nuts watching these people 'stepping' with tiny little steps on their toes - almost like they are running on the spot. All they are doing is simply making it easy. It's like the people you see on the treadmill, with the incline ramped up to the sky and leaning back and hanging on like there is no tomorrow! If they let go they would surely topple off the end. Please, lean forward, like you are walking UP A HILL - use your arms to propel you - don't hold on - WORK HARD if you want results!

I am a bit late with this, but usually at the end of the year/start of new year, I like to go over the year that was and see what I accomplished. Often you tend to feel as though you didn't accomplish much at all but when you think about it, and write it down, usually there are many things to be proud of.

1. We built a house, sold a house, and moved into our new house. This was a HUGE accomplishment. As anyone that has done that themselves would know how stressful all that can be. The finished product was the result of 2 years of work! And all worth it. I now have a gourmet kitchen, a huge luxurious lounge room, a balcony, a large office with space to spare and, reverse cycle air conditioning throughout :) I am a 10 minute walk to the Murray River, and the centre of town. Love it.

2. I competed in July, amidst all of the above, and, whilst maintaining good health after some health issues plagued me throughout 2005 (I thought I may never compete again!) - that was my goal.

3. I went through a stressful period with website issues, and hence rebuilt and redesigned it throughout November and December. I now have full control of content and management. This whole project was very time consuming and difficult, but, I sorted it :)

4. I trained 3 Body Blitz winners (and many other wonderful 'transformee's)

5. I hired a new staff member, the lovely Dianna Broeren, and with Michelle and Lisa, we are going to make a great team!

6. I scored a great sponsorship and business deal with MRM Supplements. This was all quite by accident and all happened very quickly. We have some exciting opportunities coming up together in 2007.

So, that was the year of 2006. I am certain 2007 will be even more exciting!

Ok, time for a bite to eat before bed.

2 Comments:

  • Way to go Sue, we can sit back and watch the world go by, or we can get in there and work towards our goals, which is what you have done. Life is for living and you are certainly doing that. You won't regret the treadmill, I got one two years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Have a fantastic 2007!
    Gill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 am  

  • 2006 was a VERY good year......

    But I suspect there are some BIG things on the horizon for 2007!!!!!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home