2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Busy day!

Well today has been my day off training, so I try and use my time wisely and do all my 'jobs' around town that add up during the week. So, we followed up on our blinds situation - we have had to arrange another quote because we feel we are definitely getting ripped off by the ones we are dealing with at present. So, that took a little time this morning but we were rapt with the new place we found - they are 'can do' people :) So they are coming around tomorrow to measure up.

Adam called in at lunchtime for a goodbye coffee. Very sad! The gym won't be the same without him. Maybe we'll get to visit him in Darwin later in the year.

Then we had an appointment with the Telstra manager, to find out some more about the Bigpond Next G wireless service. We are going to get it, for when we travel. It will beat dial up that's for sure!

I also booked my flights to Qld for late Feb! Thanks to Jason at MRM, they are flying me to Brisbane, to make this ad for Brisbane/SE QLD local tv - so this will be an experience! I will be there for a few days, and they are putting me up, too - very generous. We will also be doing some training together, and chatting about business. Jason is now the President of INBA Qld, so it will be great to see how he's going with the organisation of that. I will also be seeing Jo Rogers for some posing tuition, and then, Mrs Broeren will be picking me up from Brissy and taking me up to their beautiful beach 'shack' for about 5 nights. We will do some work, some training, and some RELAXING on the beach I hope! Note to self: I must buy a bikini that actually fits me. Then I will fly home from the Sunny Coast on a Monday morning.

Then, tonight I had a meeting with a friend who is pretty cluey in the IT department. He helped me iron out some image uploading problems. That took a couple hours.

I also took blender number 73 into the electical store, as I managed to get the receipt from Harvey Norman - it was a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack - and we found it!! Yippee, I can go back to having a back up blender when they replace it :) Speaking of, my MP3 is still in the same shop, getting it's 3rd hard drive installed. Note to readers! Be wary of Samsung MP3 players! This one is a lemon!!!

So, that's about it today. Oh we went out for a lovely dinner last night, to Spanish Grill at the Grand. I had lamb leg. Yum. And 2 Mad Fish Chardy's. Very nice. We had a huge rain storm late this afternoon. Apparently an inch in like 20 mins. Nice to see some of that 'wet stuff'.

Tried to post some pics but blogger playing up, as usual!

Di - thanks Mrs B. You were an excellent Backstage B..., so I look forward to doing it all again!
Jodie - yes, me and blenders don't mix - get it?? I'm such a comedian!
Alicia - lovely to hear from you! Yes I think I will keep my eye out for some on sale ones and grab them when I can :)
Ali - well I definitely hope to be sharing a backstage possie with you in July :) And I will miss the Melb Phat Camp crew too!!
Michelle - all right stop it, enough about my inability to keep a blender for more than a couple months!
Selina - STOP IT!!! Yes, and you can add MP3's to that list! Thanks for the good wishes :)
Sam - please email me, my address is on the web site :)

Oh and hey, I got my treadmill!! It looks like a bomb has hit it right now, we have a bit of setting up to do. Took 4 big blokes to carry it in, it weighs about 120kg.

9 Comments:

  • Here's hoping you don't bring the rain with you and you get to a bit of our Qld sunshine this time! I have plenty of brollys left over from the wedding just incase. You might want to order a wet suit with the new bikini : )

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:51 pm  

  • Sue I am so happy for you!! awesome news about the add, i wondered when it would happen.

    Good to hear you found the receipt as well, in what time frame have you had 73 blenders?

    Surely you should win a prize somewhere for that, like the beginners book of records for number of blenders owned by one person LOL


    Have a wonderful working holiday

    Alixx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 pm  

  • Hi Sue, glad to hear that your place is okay. It was on the news this morning about flash flooding in Mildura, and I was worried that your lovely new home was affected. You are allowed to bring some of that rain up to Brisbane and Toowoomba, we are on level 5 restrictions (not much fun!). How exciting for you to be doing the ad, have a great time doing it and enjoy the holiday with Di,
    Gill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 am  

  • How exciting about the Ad. You will have to get in on DVD and make copies for us all.

    Kerry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 pm  

  • Congratulations on the Ad Sue....no doubt that will get you onto the front of the "Sunny Daily" too he he....good on you. Glad to see some rain...my mother in Law posted photos yesterday, wow.Our friends from Wycheproof are very happy too at least a little respite from the drought for now.
    Have fun with Di and goodluck with your next blender.
    regards, Jacinta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 pm  

  • Great news about the ad - it's all happening. Sue the TV star! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 pm  

  • Glad to hear you got another blender :o) They become quite a necessity!
    Congrats on the treadmill! Just dont let it turn into an expensive clothes horse (haha as if!)

    K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 pm  

  • Have fun with Di and stay away from substandard blenders. Best for 2007.

    Cheers
    LIz N

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 am  

  • Hi Sue

    sent you an email to info@idealbodiesonline.com from my hotmail account.

    Looking forward to your response/help/advise/guidance etc etc.

    Can you put a link on your webpage for the ad?

    Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home