2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Big bad leg day

Big but short! I think I've done my back! Just a little - nothing the chiro can't fix tomorrow I am sure. Fortunately I made the appointment 3 weeks ago and I need it just in time. Damien also woke up with a sore lower back so he may need to go as well - he can't get in to mine though, he's too popular!

So, Jodie and I started off with squats, and just warmed up with a set of 10 followed by sets of between 1-3 reps just to get used to the heavier weight but without fatiguing the muscles. I worked up to 70kg (including bar) for 7 reps. We then went to smith lunges and we did 3 heavy sets here - my best was 2 sets of 8 at 55kg. Then to leg press and I started with 480lb for 8 reps, dropped back to 460 and got 10 so thought 'what the heck i'll give it a crack!' and tried for the entire weight stack - 495lb. Happy to say I managed 7 reps. I got off and then felt something not quite right in the lower back region! I felt like everything had been compressed, like I needed stretching out.

Yes Jodie you are absolutely right - the title of my blog is a little outdated! I will work on it...

Met up with Kerry today and put her through her paces for a back session, plus some legs. She did very well and I am sure she will be sore. If not Kerry, we are going harder next time :) We then came home here to get some stuff then back to the Pizza Cafe for lunch (I just had coffee). Then home for some work, though did not get enough done so it looks like a big weekend of work coming up. I was considering going to the footy, but I won't be able to, just too much to do.

I booked flights for July a few days ago so that's all arranged! I booked Di, my trusty Backstage B.... a flight too, well one for the way back, we are still waiting for a good deal on the way down! Ali has booked the accommodation (thanks Ali!) so I think all is set. I've already booked in my hair, make up and tan as well.

Ok, time for Seinfeld and then bed! Day off training and cardio tomorrow. Did 35 mins down at the rickety stairs this morning - couldn't believe it was so hot at that time!

4 Comments:

  • Ouch Sue that doesn't sound good about your back. Hope the chiro can fix it, I trust my chiro completely - I reckon he can fix anything!

    Training sounds like its going awesome!

    Hil xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:30 am  

  • Oh I love being your BB! Just wish you'd move up here so I could also be your PA : )

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:22 pm  

  • I think you like Seinfeld as much as your M.L. - LOL!

    Take care of that back!

    Xx - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:36 pm  

  • I wouldn't mind the PA job either.
    Yes there is soreness but I thought my quads would be sore from that leg press.
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home