2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sore hamsters

Gill and I - Gill traveled all the way from Toowoomba!

Just finishing off the last 2 of my programs while I eat my chicken and beans. Then I think I will have a little nana nap. Though I did have a great sleep last night and didn't wake up until 8am (apart from a visit to the loo at 4am). I agree with Jodie, a good sleep makes all the difference! Yesterday I piked it with her for our walk. I was just really flat yesterday. I went to the gym to train, supposed to train shoulders and biceps but my shoulders were still sore from Tuesday's session. So, I tried chest. No good here either. Just too fatigued, and, my forearms and wrists are really sore. It hurt to pick up db's. I have some fancy new wrist wraps too thanks to Ray from the US. Well they aren't fancy but they are handmade by a powerlifter! I think I have some tendonitis happening again, and I think that spotting Jason under 40kg db's did some wrist and forearm damage. Spotting is supposed to be just a 'touch' - it wasn't in this case. Anyway, I won't be doing that again anytime soon - like never. So, I really wasn't 'into it' but I did get a decent ab workout in. I have a great exercise that Jason showed me which I will continue to do as it made my abs sore for 6 days! Then I did a bit (very small bit) on the tready and called it a day (a very pathetic one!!!).

I had planned to do a step class this morning but my poor hammies are still very sore! So, instead i went for a walk/run down by the river. 55 mins total, so a nice workout. Tomorrow is bootcamp with Jodie, and I will train in the afternoon - think I will just do chest and arms, and wait for next shoulder session on Monday or Tuesday.

I will be starting my comp prep rather soon. About 20 days I believe, though, I have decided not to do the show the week prior, so really I can start a week later (after my birthday which would work out well!). Just think I'll be over it after one show, not sure I could back up with another a week later!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments (except you Mrs B, calling me a hill wussy). Have a great weekend people!

1 Comments:

  • Is this MY Gil? My gosh - she's so very pretty!!!!

    And my jealousy continues.......

    Xx - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home