2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Trained with Jode

She is getting to be a bit of a skinny minnie - she's disappearing! So, we trained at 6pm and I really enjoyed training at that time, surprisingly! I feel it's a bit more productive for my work day too - I don't have training in the middle of the day interrupting my schedule. I might stay with the evening training for awhile. Even though there was lots of people there we didn't have to wait for any equipment which is always nice.

We chose 3 exercises to do, and plan was to do 3 sets, low reps, as heavy as possible. Back day today, and we started with Sumo Deadlifts. I was wearing wrist straps on top of wrist straps, and hooks on top of all that - Jode said I looked like a boxer. Well, on my second heavy set after 2 reps the bar fell out of my hooks to the floor and completely smashed my fingernail (fake one thank goodness) off! Was lucky I didn't lose the other one on the other hand. Ouch, it hurt!! The hooks had slipped down and off the wrists straps which is why the bar rolled out. So I had to rearrange my 'hand wear' for the next set. I managed a PB - Jode, I figured out that it was 80kg (including bar) for 4 reps while in Qld - not 90kg. So, I smashed my PB then, as I did 8 full reps with 80kg, and then 2 reps with 85kg. Tried for 90kg but that baby wasn't gonna move :) Jodie hadn't done sumo's before, so I think she is going to be a little sore :)

So, then on to chin ups. I can't remember what I got now, but about 7 or 8 unassisted on first set. Then Lat Pulls. Can't remember numbers again. I made Jodie increase her weights more than she would have if I weren't there!

Then we did some abs. I showed Jode what Jason had me doing in Qld. Hard stuff - love doing heavy abs. Hate doing rep after rep after rep and not feeling anything.

I also did 35 mins on my tready this morning, while watching Today and Seinfeld :) I will either do a long walk or another session on tready in the morning. No training tomorrow.

Kerry is coming up on Thursday for a back session. Perhaps I will show her some deadlifts too :)

Well, that's about it for tonight, time for bed. I've been keeping my kitchen bench tidy! Yippee - it feels so good to have that 'under control'!

4 Comments:

  • You might be able to deadlift more than Jodie but I bet her sink is shinier!!!!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:58 pm  

  • I bet yours is shinier than both of ours put together ;)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 7:30 am  

  • Hey leave my sink out of it!

    Thanks for the session it was good a good workout. Lats are getting sore.

    By Blogger jodie, at 6:46 pm  

  • Two things.
    Well three.

    Are you trying to talk me out of coming?
    I failed shining sinks weeks ago.
    Can't wait until tomorrow anyway.
    kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home