2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Another year bites the dust!

I can’t believe it, how fast is the time going! I hope everyone had an enjoyable NYE - personally, I’m not a huge fan of NYE, never have been. After all the Christmas build up I’m a bit over celebrating. We actually didn’t even realise it was new year - too busy watching Oz dvd’s. I guess we are old and married :)

So, how many people out there are feeling totally crap after all this previously mentioned celebrating? Quite a few I would imagine, including myself! It never ceases to amaze me how my body rejects eating heavy/rich foods ie what some people eat all the time. I become very lazy and tired, I get aching joints, and a horrible taste in my mouth. I guess it was compounded by the fact that I wasn’t training either (resting my hammie/groin). However, all it takes is one or two days of eating clean to feel normal again. And, those days were yesterday and today. I was up at 6am today, New Year’s Day - I was out walking by 7.30am. Let me say it was very quiet out on the roads - I was imagining how many hangovers there would be in each house as I was jogging by. Funnily enough, I ran into Jodie down by the river, also getting her cardio in before another scorcher of a day set in. I did a good hour of walk/running. I want to go for another walk but it’s still way too hot and it’s 7pm. Will see what it’s like in an hour or so.

I had a big day of work today so I couldn’t afford to be hungover at any rate. I have 19 new programs for this Monday coming! Yep, it’s the new year!! I’ve completed 10 so far, so I feel on top of things. When people get back to work I imagine the emails will come flooding in again.
Our poor garden has taken a beating with this hot weather while we were away. Half of our garden is half dead :( Temps have been over 40 for days now. So, last night, this morning and tonight we have been out there with buckets.

I have a toothache :( I have been living on painkillers since Saturday. I thought I would wait and see how it came up but it’s not getting any better. I can’t chew on the left side of my mouth and last night managed to somehow screw that up and the pain nearly sent me through the roof. That brought on a head/jaw/neck/face ache like you wouldn’t believe. I had to get an ice pack and ice my face!

I hope to catch up with Lisa Vaughan, previous Body Blitz winner, and now friend - in the next few days. I think we were going to do some cardio but, in this weather I think outdoor cardio is not really an option.

Ok, must go water, then think about dinner.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,
    Happy New Year!
    Cheers,
    Charlotte

    By Blogger Charlotte Orr, at 10:30 pm  

  • Happy New Year!!!!

    Never been a fan of New Year's either....I was sound asleep by 10 p.m. - and spent my evening doing laundry - LOL!

    That tooth sounds AWFUL - better make a phone call.......

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home