2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Firstly, if anyone with a Yahoo address is not getting my mail, it's because I have a problem with Yahoo addresses at the moment - not sure why but they are being returned to me. Am onto it and hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

Trained this morning alone - chest and tris. Also hammies but because my lower back and traps etc are still very sore from deadlifting, I decided just to go light on those and only did 3 wimpy sets. Chest without a spotter and I managed 17.5kg incline DB presses for 11 reps. The next set I expended all my energy getting the db's up, so only managed 6 reps. Really need a spotter on chest day. My forearms are really sore from deadlifting too. Massage was awesome and well needed yesterday morning. An hour and 40 mins of heaven (interpersed with some pain - good pain though!).

What's going on with the weather!! Great to see some rain, but it's horribly windy and cold!! I hope it clears up for the races on Tuesday. We even have Cabcharge tickets to get there and back thanks to one of the sponsors! I have managed to do 2 programs for next week as it's going to be another big one.

Had an interesting phone conversation with a prospective trainer yesterday. I have to wait until she figures out plans for the next few months to see if she is able to take me on or not, but it sounds interesting, and tough, but I do love a challenge. From what I've discussed with her and from looking at my photos, she feels I have a definite hormone imbalance. So, she would require me to have hormone testing on a regular basis to try and right things. I may not be able to do so in such a short time frame though as it can take years. But, I truly am sick of feeling fatigued and lethargic quite often when I still eat very well 90% of the time and train regulary so I am ready to take it on. I am sure my diet will change radically, with no dairy or whey protein, no gluten, no soy, and possibly no rice or eggs. It doesn't leave a huge amount!

Speaking of being tired - training really takes it out of me even though I supplement well and even though I have been getting plenty of sleep. I'm doing basically nil cardio at the moment - don't see the point until I start comp prep now. Trying to make the most of my available time by getting as much work done as possible! It's worked out well because I had two big weeks and now another coming up! Must be the warm weather - well, apart from today!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hi Doris, thanks for stopping by! Di, have a great time catching up with Rach and Zach. Kimmy, I don't think it's anything but who knows. Things are pretty good Michelle, thanks!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,

    You really need to address your health issues because you only get one shot at life and in your body and obviously something is not working right.

    Perhaps going and getting a full medical to see what the dr's come up with would help (and maybe get 2 opinions). Perhaps you've been on fat burners for too long, or perhaps your body is over dieting or just needs a break from it.

    Fatigue is a sign that something is not right, you owe it to yourself to find out what the problem is so that you can fix it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home