2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Just a quick check in. Been really busy, huge week of clients again this week. Of course having the races yesterday didn't help my productivity. It was a good day though, and amazingly enough, I backed the winner of the Cup. I think I am getting another cold :( I am not having a good run of things lately! I know I'm not the lone ranger there though. I had a few drinks yesterday and not a lot to eat but I don't think I was hungover. I have finally decided to bite the bullet and go gluten and dairy free. It's the dairy that will be tough. I bought and cooked up some quinoa tonight, which will be my oats replacement. Got a big plate of flathead that I cooked up tonight for dinner which was beautiful.

So, tomorrow I will try my quinoa for brekky, not really sure yet how to have it but I will experiment and find a way. Like I said, no dairy makes it tough to be creative! I'm also going to reduce my consumption of artificial sweeteners. Not that I have a lot but I will make an effort to reduce.

I trained in the morning before the races and leg pressed the whole stack for 3 sets. I could feel my muscle fibres tearing! Pretty sore today. I am going to get up and do some cardio in the morning - I haven't done any for so long (3 weeks!) and I feel a bit slobbish! Went to the chiro today which was well timed because my deadlifting session caused me a few issues. My neck and back were so sore. It's time to deadlift again tomorrow or Friday but I don't think that would be wise. Every 2 weeks may be better.

Still trying to figure out my plan of attack for shows early in the year. Will be calling someone tomorrow, and also waiting on a call back from another trainer to confirm her availability.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Sue, I've just found your blog. I have a couple of gluten-free, dairy-free quinoa recipes: Quinoa cranberry pumpkin seed breakfast, and Vanilla and peach quinoa pudding. Let me know if you're interested in either of them. Cheers, Charlotte

    By Blogger Charlotte Orr, at 3:57 am  

  • No dairy, no artificial sweetener and no gluten is tough - I've been living it for a few months now - but if it's what you're allergic to it's well worth the effort:)

    I'm here for you:)

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:10 am  

  • Congratulations on picking a winner! I'll be interested to hear how your quinoa goes....I will help you suffer your dairy free : ) Just been doing some reading about sprinting...will email you over weekend.
    Cheers
    Di

    By Blogger Dianna Broeren, at 10:16 am  

  • Hey Sue, I eat Quinoa all the time, its nice and light :-). If you need any help with GF stuff drop me an email!

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home