2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hi Sam - yeah would love some help with some recipes and ideas, thank you! I will email you. And Michelle, yes, I'm sure you have some good ideas! Charlotte kindly sent me a couple of quinoa recipes too. Here is what I have been having and I am quite happy with it!

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
stevia, and sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
handful of blueberries (I'll try canned apples next, and some low sugar blackberry jam)

There's no straight protein, but I'm supplementing with BCAA's, as I am before, during and after training, since I now can't have any post workout shakes.

My other meals have been things like fish, silverbeet and sweet potato or salmon and asparagus salad with olive oil, balsamic, lemon & mustard dressing. Pretty plain but so far I am handling the no dairy thing ok. I even had a black coffee last night, which wasn't easy! In the mornings I have a non dairy creamer in my coffee. Tastes different but still drinkable and not as vicious as black.

I'm feeling 'lighter' and better already. Oh and my cold didn't eventuate, how cool is that. I had the sneezing, the itchy ear and throat, and was all stuffed up. Maybe it was hayfever but I've never really suffered from that.

Anonymous, thank you for your suggestions the other day re my lethargy and fatigue. Believe me, I've been having this 'checked out' for years. Also, I don't take fatburners, I can't tolerate them, they burn me out even further, so I tend to feel it's adrenal related. I have an appointment at my GP on Tuesday to ask some questions and get some more tests done even though I am not confident in GP's knowing anything much about this sort of stuff. Unless you are half dead they don't want to know about it. I felt good today, even though I didn't get a great deal of sleep - well not enough by my standards anyway. About 7, maybe a bit less. I went for an hour's walk down by the river in the morning which was nice. Had a bit of work to finish off for this week, so completed that over the course of the afternoon. I also had to have a sleep around 1pm. Then we went grocery shopping, cooked dinner and watched a dvd.

I finished my book :( I hate finishing good books. It was Plea of Insanity by Jilliane Hoffman. Highly recommended. Michelle, what was that Tess Gerritsen new one you mentioned earlier? I need a new one.

Tomorrow Jodie and I are heading off to do some bootcamp at 9.30am before it gets too hot. Then we are going to mum's for lunch. I really should do some more work tomorrow as next week is shaping up to be nightmarishly busy! All good though.

Oh, how could I forget! Ideal Bodies Online has another Body Blitz winner :) This time, a man. My first guy :) (Let's hope the mag rates us a mention this time!). Troy Pedretti has been named as next month's winner. His photos are phenomenal - I will post at a later date.

I have a ton of mail in my feedback folder to answer Monday and Tuesday.

Training - how could I forget. All good, trained both Thursday and Friday so have the weekend off. Trained back and shoulders, PB's on Lat Pulls - haven't done them for a while, getting stronger. On Friday Damien dropped me at the gym and I walked home. I am going to start doing more of that. It's a good 50 min walk home. Wasn't happy when the IPOD sh*t itself 10 mins in though.

Must make a phone call tomorrow about comps next year. Will keep you informed when I have come to a decision. I'm really looking forward to getting my crap together and getting in awesome shape again (while it's still summer!). Even dieting over Christmas is not bothering me a bit. At least I won't be getting fat like 99% of the population :) Except we always get this really awesome huge hamper from one of Damien's workplaces full of handmade biscuits and chocolates, fruit cake, and natural muesli that is full of dried fruit and almonds.

There is a stupid yapping dog next door and it's driving me nuts! Time to go into another room :)

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Sue

    Just looked up what quinoa is, much like amaranth and interesting what you have been reduced to, is one of two things my tolerance levels are not happy with. I had my tolerance levels tested with blood on 98 foods and amaranth is one of them.......the other is whey!! Everything else is in the very low medium bracket (only 1 item) and the rest is low intolerance. Go figure!

    Doris

    By Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey, at 2:38 pm  

  • Ummm - no dairy means no chocolates from that awesome Hamper:)

    Glad you're feeling better!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:43 am  

  • Hi how are you, I'm a new blogger just wanted to say hello...

    By Blogger Ursula Beck, at 5:11 pm  

  • Hope all is going great with you Sue!!!

    Hope you've had good luck with finding a trainer,

    Ali xxxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home