2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, September 23, 2005

Day 9 Friday

Weight: Did not weigh
Body Temp: 36.1

General:
Had the weirdest thing last night. Went to bed, then before I went to sleep got up to get a glass of water, back to bed and then my heart started pounding - not fast, just normal but pounding really hard. It was impossible to sleep, it was thumping, I could feel it when I put my hand on my chest. It lasted about 15 mins. I am assuming it's from the medication, as palpitations can be a side effect, especially when starting the medication. So, will monitor that. Very weird feeling though.

Training tonight at 6pm. Feeling all carbed up and ready to go :)

Food Intake:
1. coffee, milk and stevia. 1 egg, 2 whites, spinach. 100g berries.
2. 1/2 cup cottage cheese & 50g chicken, 100g sweet potato, 1 tsp coconut oil
3. 150g chicken, lettuce, capsicum, onion
Pre Training: 250g strawberries
Post Training: 2 scoops of Max's HP+ and 6 tsp honey
4. 150g chicken, veggies. 2tsp coconut oil, 1tsp flax oil
Decaf coffee with milk and stevia

Training:
BB Bench Press 75/8, 85/6 x 4
DB Incline Fly 10kg/10 x 2, 12.5kg/10 x 2
Seated DB Shoulder Press 25lb/6 x 4
Seated DB Lateral Raise (desc) 4kg/8, 3kg/8, 2kg/8 - 2 sets
DB Overhead Triceps Extension 12.5kg/8 x 2, 15kg/6 x 2
Rope Pushdown (desc) 40lb/8, 30/8, 20/8...40/8, 30/6+20/4+10/6
Seated Calf 20kg/12 x 3
*Above 2 exercises supersetted

Notes:
Felt really strong tonight and huge pump in tris and shoulders. Descending sets were great for a change. Am really sore in posterior delts from straight arm pulldowns yesterday.

Have been advised to include a post training shake containing 35g carbs, all I could find for that today was honey. To be honest am a bit 'scared' of having this shake considering I am trying to lose some fat as it bumps up the carbs and calories somewhat. Still have lots of time so will see how it goes. I certainly didn't feel munchie at all after dinner which is good.

My chek coach wanted me to increase my fat portion at dinner to try and ward off the munchies, which I did tonight, however, with the post training carbs I may not need that. Perhaps what I will do is on non-training days add extra fat, but on training days just add the protein/carb shake and no extra fat.

Tomorrow is cardio day, up for a run/walk combo for 45 mins, and another walk in the afternoon.