2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, October 31, 2005

INBA weekend

Written Sunday 30th:

I'm home, flew back this afternoon, and just been through my emails and sorted them for tomorrow, so now will check in for a brief rundown of events. As Kerry mentioned, none of our girls placed - but there is definitely no shame in that because they all looked fantastic and presented themselves beautifully. Rae and Rachel were in a large class of 14. The girls all enjoyed themselves, though poor Rachel was pretty sick. Go home and have a well earned rest Rachel! Some very strong competition at the show as you would expect at the Nationals. I'm a bit concerned personally about the jump from Novice/Intermediate Figure, to the Open classes - there is a lot of serious muscle starting to happen there! It will be a huge leap to go from one to the other, but, as yet I don't have to worry about that as I'll still be competing as an Intermediate next year.

As usual there were sour grapes going around re some decisions, but of course not from our girls :)

Was great to meet Jade and Natalie, and to once again catch up with Kimmy and her friends. It was a very long day and night, as usual.

Oh how is this! One of the physique competitors used a (big) LIVE SNAKE around her neck in her routine!!! It was pretty freaky!!

Also, I've tee'd up someone to work with me on my posing. I think my posing is pretty good, but I really want to nail it next year. The show on the weekend reinforces how important posing is to presenting the 'best you'. Some girls had great bodies but did not know how to show them off. Also very important is the choice of posing suit - style and colour. So I will travel to see this lady down the track a bit.

I personally had a nice relaxing weekend - was lovely weather. Managed to do a bit of shopping but not too much. I wanted to get some wrist wraps for my wrists which are starting to feel the heavy lifting. Chiro says the one I am using is not strong enough. I went to Myer but didn't know they don't have a sporting department anymore - apart from shoes.

After the show Di, Gerard, his mum, and I, went out to a cafe in Lygon Street to feed Di :) After pizza, pasta, an ice cream and some chocolate she was feeling very happy and satisfied. I had my first free meal in 2 weeks and had a bowl of pasta, and shared a couple of chockies with her back at the apartment.

CONGRATULATIONS TO DIANNA, RAE AND RACHEL - AND ALL THE OTHER GIRLS WHO HAVE THIS YEAR PUSHED HARD AND STAYED FOCUSSED, AND ACHIEVED THEIR GOALS AND DREAMS.

Best to you Nic for your next comp. Did not get any decent stage pics with my digital, was busy snapping with Di's camera, or watching the proceedings. It's really too far away, and too many heads in the way to get anything decent.

Had one of Rae and I snapped together after the show, but it wasn't flattering for either of us so it will not be displayed :)

3 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,

    How is it that you can compete in an 'intermediate' division in 06, when you placed 3rd in your OPEN division at the 2002 nationals and went on and placed 5th at the natural olympia - medium figure

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 am  

  • Well hello Ms/Mr Anonymous, that is because an Intermediate is someone who has not won a title. An Intermediate can compete in Open if they want to - anyone can, that is why it's called "Open". :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 11:23 am  

  • I can appreciate that, but you have already proven yourself in open competition on the national and international level. Why not continue that run? It seems like you are stepping back

    Personally, I think once you compete as an 'open' competitor then that should waive all rights to do intermediate - just my opinion of course

    I think you have a great future and I want to see you capitalise on that :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home