2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, October 17, 2005

Training with Richie Smyth

I'm excited to say that I am preparing for a competition that is 6 months away - it's on my birthday - April 8. And, as an early present to myself, I have secured the training services of the great man himself, Richie Smyth (NPC judge and competitor and who is currently training Tom Venuto for his latest competition).

See Tom Venuto's comp prep blog at: http://www.bodybuildingsecrets.com/home.php

and Richie's site at:
www.richiesmyth.com

I spoke at length to Richie yesterday, and, after viewing photos, and going over my previous training and dieting, he is going to come up with a plan. Number one priority is to add some size to my legs. He feels that if I can do this, I will be very competitive. He said my upper body is great - I just need to build some muscle on my legs and get them up to speed with my upper body. His fiance who is also a champion bodybuilder, also viewed my photos - Richie told me she's very critical, yet her comment on my photos was that I have great structure - so, that made me feel good :) He is going to design my program for the next couple of months, with the view to tearing up my legs one day per week. I'm scared :) He's very confident he can help me obtain the improvements I need to have a successful 2006. I have to increase my calories, and he will provide my meal plan to me when I have my skin folds taken tomorrow. So, unfortunately I won't be losing any body fat for the next couple of months. Unfortunate because I feel a bit uncomfortable where I am at at the moment, and was looking forward to dieting for the show. However, Richie feels it's unneccesary this early and will work against me if I diet this early. I am back using creatine, and arginine, and of course glutamine. So, that's my news. With all the talk of competition, I'm just itching to get back into it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home