2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, May 19, 2006

More in depth update!

I have had the best few days! A rest from training has done me the world of good - mentally AND physically by the looks of it. The 'dreaded' scale has dropped a little. I have dropped 3.6lbs in 3 days - BUT most of that was fluid I was holding - I couldn't believe I was weighing what I was on Tuesday morning. But I knew it was due to a combination of things, most notably, I wasn't drinking enough water, and I was loading up on salt. I crave salt when I diet. Richie said it's because of the clean diet and reduced calories - and, through all the exercise, I am losing a lot of electrolytes, especially salt, through perspiration-- more than I am taking in through diet.

Many trainers don't allow their clients to have salt or sodium containing foods, throughout their entire contest preparation, so I asked Richie would he consider that to be dangerous. His response was:

Yes, your body needs the sodium, just like the other electrolytes. Dieting and training at the level you are doing now causes tremendous stress on the body, and your body needs to replenish itself. People who cut out sodium for extended periods during pre-contest training are making a huge, unnecessary-- and dangerous-- mistake.

So, that's enough to keep me sprinkling on my sea salt :) But, I was really going overboard, I am definitely keeping it more in check now. That, and I've increased my water intake to 3 litres daily, and that has helped me flush out the fluid I was carrying.

My good friend from the INBA is going to check out the venue at the NABBA comp in Perth this weekend, as that is where the INBA Natual Olympia will be held. I look forward to hearing his report!

Damien told me tonight that I am getting that 'small' look again. Adam told me my neck was tiny!! Well I hope I didn't have that huge a neck before - did I? he he.

I am so happy with my shopping expedition yesterday :) I got a great skirt, a jacket, 4 tops, a casual jacket, pair of black pants, a necklace, a long sleeve shirt, some awesome shoes, and a belt :) Now I need more clients so I can pay off my credit card - just kidding!!! :) I still need some casual shoes to wear with jeans because my current ones make my feet go numb.

I had my hair coloured today - 3 hours at the hairdressers - managed to get a little work done, but seemed much of the time I was at the basin chair - which was great because they have heated massage chairs.

SO - tomorrow I am BACK TO THE GRIND. But feeling very refreshed and positive. Cardio first, then back home to clean up for our inspection. Then Jode and I will train at 4pm. I am going to take her for a tour of the new house before we go. We had our lock up inspection today - oh it's getting so exciting!!! All our balustrading is up now, including the balcony, and today they have started rendering around the windows. I took the camera but it died on me before I could take one shot!!! Will take tomorrow, so Kimmy, you can then have a look at our stairs :)

So, I am exactly half way through my contest prep. Time just FLIES!!!! Still haven't got my routine video :(((((( When I do get it, I am going to start scheduling a posing session two to three times a week. So, things are going to start getting even busier. I might ask Jodie to come and be my audience :)

Time for dinner.

I don't know why but every time I try to add a photo nothing happens. It tells me it's "Done" and then...nothing? Help! Was going to add Lis's before and after piccies.

Oh, and me and the other Lisa, Lisa Vaughan, last Body Blitz winner, are in the Snapshots of Ironman mag, at Phat Camp :)

7 Comments:

  • I'm glad you're feeling better. The shopping seems to have been very successful. I need help when I'm shopping, I never come home with much or even anything when I go by myself. I think I choose the wrong things to try on. You might have to help me one day. The other thing is I can't believe you found that much stuff in Mildura. My kids don't even like shopping there and one of them sniffs our cool shops wherever he goes.
    It's interesting about the salt thing isn't it. Jen H is so totally against it. Perhaps she hasn't tried our Sea salt yet.

    I can't wait to see your changes. Perhaps I can organise something soon.
    Kerry
    xoxoxo

    By Blogger Kerry, at 10:03 pm  

  • HI SUZIE
    Well I am on 3 days off now - I feel like I am your little pupply dog following what you have already done :) I hope I lose nearly 4 lb by the time I finish my three days:)
    I love goinging shopping not expecting to buy anything and coming home with heaps. I HATE shopping for a certain item - I just prefer to buy when I am casually shopping looking for nothing :)
    Wow can't wait to see the stairs.
    No one has told me I am starting to look little or my neck is small - getting jealous - I think LOL
    I am supposed to be meeting some people to sign up a new listing - so I best go and do the paperwork instead of procrastinating.

    Will send thru an email if my computer is working tonight.

    Kimmy

    PS I still don't have my posing routine either - not that it would really matter at this stage but hey I need to book in my practice as well.

    Be good and keep living with passion
    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 12:33 pm  

  • Just typed you a big comment and lost it - will be back later
    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 12:56 pm  

  • Sounds like the break was just what you needed:)

    gee your house is coming along fast now, bet you guys can't wait till it's finsihed and you move in. HOW EXCITING!!

    have an awesome week Sue!!

    p.s 7 winners, now that is impressive ;)

    Ali xx

    By Blogger Ali, at 5:57 pm  

  • Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Now I know why you rave about the Myoplex Protein Powder. That stuff is absolutely awesome. I am addicted!!!!

    By Blogger Jehanne, at 8:22 pm  

  • Kerry - I would love to help you shop!!! Anytime, just let me know :) Yes, our sea salt is hard to resist. Ali loves her salt too :)

    Jeh, Myoplex Lite (the meal replacement), or just the protein powder? And what flavour?? I loooooooove mine, but unfortunately I have to lay off them until comp is over now :(

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:59 pm  

  • I sure do love my salt Sue. I have
    Herbamare made by A. Vogel,
    Sea salt and orgainic herbs added. My goodness my life would not be the same without it:)

    ali xx

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home