2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What a busy day!

I don't feel like I accomplished that much but I didn't stop running around all day! This morning we had to clean up for the inspection, then take Rexy for his little journey to 'nanna's' house (where he hides under the bed until I come back to pick him up!), then mum and I went out to Gloria Jean's for a coffee, then we did a little shopping, including groceries, then I had to rush back to pick up Rex, and get him back inside before gulping down my oats and heading off to the chiropractor. I asked him about my feet/ankles/shins - he says probably from all the incline walking. He worked on the anterior compartments and said they were both very tight. It was that painful that I actually kicked him twice - without meaning to of course. I did apologise. :) It still hurts to walk. After that I drove to the Post Office to get the mail and my little ebay packages were there - 1kg of freshly ground organic coffee, and 250g of decaf Columbian. It smelt divine! The other was a bracelet I picked up for 99 cents!! Quite impressed with it really.

Back home to cook up some food, and then I managed a bit of work.

Also trying to negotiate some advertising with a couple of magazines so that is taking up a little of my time.

Had an email from a top fitness guy in the US, who has asked me to contribute to an ebook on women's transformation. This will be excellent. Will keep you informed of what progresses!

Also working on a photo shoot in Melbourne, 2 weeks prior to comp. Should have that sorted soon. Then that will mean I need to buy clothes to wear for it!! I'm also planning to get to the posing classes held by the INBA head judge, at Bell Street gym. If any Melbournites are interested in coming along with me, to participate, or just watch, please let me know. It's on July 1 I believe.

I have been working until 11pm tonight, so I am a bit tired now. Training was awesome tonight, back and shoulders. I felt really strong. It's good having Jodie back to help push me, plus we get to chat in between sets :)

I am looking forward to having my skin folds and measurements tomorrow as I can see major changes happening with my body now. It's quite exciting.

Tomorrow I have to get my nails done :(( I will be doing my cardio at Waves after I have my skin folds, and then am going to pack up my laptop, and go out to Gloria Jeans and set up my workstation and do my programs without interruptions :) Every week I will do this from now on. I get a lot done that way!!

It's also leg day tomorrow night. I didn't get near as sore as I did the first week so that is good.

Thanks for all the comments, and I will catch up with those soon! Thanks to Michelle for the following motivational piece.

Follow That Vision

You can visualize anything you choose. Your imagination is yours to control as you wish.

So make use of that powerful imagination to visualize the best of all possibilities for yourself and your world. You don't need any special resources, you don't need anyone's permission, and you don't even need to be realistic.

Simply go in your imagination to the place where you'd most like to be. Visualize all the details, all the richness, all the feelings of the experience.

Make it real in your mind, and you'll be well on your way to making it happen in your world. Visualize with the entirety of your being, and you set into motion a powerful momentum.

Visualize the most positive and desirable of alternatives. The more richly and intensely you see them, the more attainable they become.

Where there is vision, there is life and growth, accomplishment, fulfillment and joy. Visualize the very best for your world, and allow your life to follow that vision.

-- Ralph Marston

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations Sue about being a contributor to the e-book - that's pretty exciting!

    I had the same thing with my ankles/shins from running on the tready on incline - I actually over did it and they swelled up so bad that I couldn't walk. Unless your going to give up the incline tready you'll probably be sore until after comp!!

    Did you do an article in the last oxygen mag?? I can't seem to find it!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 9:13 am  

  • Sue,

    Love the Marston quote. I don't know if he writes all his own stuff, but regardless, almost everything he writes is bang on!

    By Blogger Shane Leighton Photography, at 9:16 pm  

  • Jodi - thank you, yes that will be great, not sure how far off it will be though. No, I don't contribute to Oxygen mag - at the moment, but that may be changing! Yes I change my cardio when the legs are not coping :) Yours sound painful :(

    Katie!! Hi stranger!! Wow, isn't it a small world. Camille was at last year's PHAT Camp, did you meet her there? She was doing some promo for Ladybird. Say hi back for me! We shared accommodation in Arizona for the Olympia in 2002. Is Camille competing this year? I hope you are going well, I will check out your blog soon! See you in July! Oh, are you doing the posing classes at Bell Street? Might send you an email...

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home